Higher Mentalty + Lower Defensive Line = High Risk Physical Style?

Atarin

Reaction score
I read in an FM guide that employing a Low Mentality with a High Defensive Line gives you a Low Risk, Patient Build Up combined with Aggressive Defending Style. I can kind of understand that although I'm not clear on the low-risk bit But what I really don't understand is how a Higher Mentality combined with a Lower Defensive Line would give you a High Risk, Physical Style of play.

Could someone please explain.

Cheers.

Mentality is your risk. The lower the Mentality, the less risky everything your players do will be and vice versa.

Keep in mind that with an Attacking Mentality, you won't ever, ever have a deep line and vice versa for lower Mentalities. Attacking, for instance, has a very high line and you can adjust it from there to be a little deepER and highER.

But why would a high Mentality and Low D-Line be more physical? That was really what confused me.

But why would a high Mentality and Low D-Line be more physical? That was really what confused me.
Ask whoever wrote the guide. I can't see it either though. It's just a lower D-line. It's not Low.

In a higher risk mentality your team will press and tackle more aggressively.

Dropping the line back reduces closing down a little as this is linked but they still tackle aggressively.