MUFCMike

Reaction score
Hello there. Just wanted to start a wee thread in which people could post their highest possession acheived in a game, and possibly some tips for possession football.

I wanted to do this as i, like many others on here, am in love with possession football, and think its one of the most beautiful and effective styles of play, and wanted to know how other people have got on with possession tactics in football manager.

I'll start the ball rolling. In a man utd save, using Raikan007's Short and Sweet tactic (slightly tweaked for my wingers) i managed to get 84% against Qpr, with 3 of my players getting over 100 completed passes.

I think the most I had was 85% with Barça in friendly which I won 9-0, but my players didn't make over 100 passes. It was just about possession

Nice! I forgot to include the score from the Qpr game actually, was 5-2 to me, with Carrick, Fletcher and Ferdinand the players who got over 100 passes. If i remember correctly, Rooney, my AMC and playmaker, got over 75, and i think most of the team had over 90% passing accuracy. What formation and such did you use as Barca?

75% possesion in my 12-0 win against an amateur team in Holland, with my great Cambuur force.

79% possession with Atletico Madrid against Getafe, beat them 8-2 at home.

Diego Forlan :wub:

Ajax vs Partizan ECL group stage game! Using Short and Sweet!

206252d1322550419-short-sweet%99-ajax-v-partizan-stats_-match-stats-.png

206250d1322550404-short-sweet%99-ajax-v-partizan-analysis_-analysis-.png

Mike, if you have not found this yet, then here are a few tips :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ic-discussion-creation-centre-hints-tips.html

88% as Ajax using Xenons Narrow 4231. Can't remember who I was against...

for me it was 90% possession when i was everton vs Middlesborough where i won in the cup 3-0