Hostafler99

Reaction score
I'm managing Milan and things are going great so far, I'm currently in December and we are first in the league (without a single loss) and we won all 5 Euro Cup games, we scored a lot of goals and everyone is playing great.

The only problem is Higuain, who is supposed to be the best player in the team. In 15 games he played so far he only scored 3 goals, which is really bad because the team is scoring more than 3 goals a game. I just can't get him to score, I tried him in Deep Lying Forward, Poacher, Advanced Forward and Complete Forward roles and it's the same every time, even when we score 5 or 6 goals in a game he doesn't score a single one and he has the worst rating of all players. Meanwhile Cutrone is getting much less minutes than him and he scored 13 goals. My main formation is 4-2-3-1, but I tried 4-1-4-1 and even 4-4-2 with Higuain and Cutrone together, and Higuain is useless in all of them.

Does anyone have any advice what to do with him, I tried everything I could but he's just sh*t.

Try playing him as an advanced forward in the 4-2-3-1 Wide formation. That way, he will be 'spearheading' most of the moves, and will be getting on the end of moves to finish them. Higuain is a great finisher, so if you create chances for him, he will tuck them away. If you ask him to be involved in build-up play, he will most likely struggle to score. Its just like Ozil at Arsenal; allow Ozil to play his game and he becomes world class, but ask him to do more for the team and he goes missing.

EDIT: Also try to stick with him even when he is not in form. This will ensure that he is playing football and will remain match fit. If and when he hits his top form, then he will be a difficult customer to handle for any defense.

Last edited:
Milan need to stretch the opposition defence in order to give Higuain the room to produce, but playing the likes of Suso who cuts in compresses the opposition defence. This in turn choking the much needed room for Higuain to operate.

Hello fellow Milan player, I am also struggling to get him score even if mine has 10 goals now.
I had a fight with Suso for not letting him go to Man U, And i benched him for like 10 games, that's when he scored.
I see him score and create chances when he get's past the defense and it's left with a 1 on 1 situation with the keeper.
So maybe you can turn your tactics into something like that .

May I ask you for your tactics screen ?
I am having trouble scoring sometimes and It does burst my bubble when Even if We take 50 shots, I only get 1 goal (crazy)