Sally888

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice with matches, eg. how to hold onto a lead, how to get a lead, keep possesion, etc..
And some help on using the analysis page to improve tactics/team.

All help appreciated

Well to keep possession use the 'Retain Possession' touchline shout, and to take the lead use an attacking strategy.

Hold onto a Lead -
Retain Possession , Take Less Risks , Pass To Feet

use control mentality. make sure u make a second tactic for defending leads and learn it in match preparation too as your team will do alot better.

use control mentality. make sure u make a second tactic for defending leads and learn it in match preparation too as your team will do alot better.

I don't bother with making tactics prior to games, I just manually tinker as each game comes. Do you think it's better to setup tactics?

If you are leading 2-0 at the break, the AI will probably tweak their tactics to more attacking. So if you set your thing to Counter, you can draw them in then spank their little ***** with a sexy, fast counter-attack ;)

I think I did have it on counter, but the extra goals didn't come. I think I need to start using the Tactics Creator!

have a look at this (its for fm10 but is virtualy same for fm11,look in strategys on how use match shouts and reasons why) ive added fm first team guide aswell for more hints and tips

have a look at this (its for fm10 but is virtualy same for fm11,look in strategys on how use match shouts and reasons why) ive added fm first team guide aswell for more hints and tips

Ok thanks a lot. I did try using the Tactics Creator before, but I thought it was a waste of time, as I would still end up doing a load of tinkering before each game anyway. But now I can see how it will help with getting my players use to the overall tactics I've set up.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Ok I've had a quick play after setting 5 different Tactics. I wasn't expecting much as I was playing Liverpool the same day, but straight away I noticed a difference. My defending seemed more solid and my attacking play was really fluid. I beat Liverpool 3-2, but it was comfortable, leading 2-0, then 3-1 and then getting their second in the last 10 minutes. Then I played Bolton away and went for a slightly confident plan and won 2-0. My defense was pretty solid most of the time, but there were a few too many times they got in behind which I wasn't happy about. I'm not getting my hopes up as I have done before. I will see how it goes, but I'm happy for now.

The only thing I will say is when I change to a different tactic during a game I end up having to make a lot of changes. Players are in the wrong positions and then when you correct it all their settings are wrong. Am I doing something wrong? or is this the norm?

thanks to all the help so far, anymore would be appreciated:)