hmmm i dont really get most of the mental attributes

Mz4lyfe

Reaction score
can someone explain or give me a definition of these mental attributes and how it affects the player

Flair:

Determination:

Creativity

i just dont get those three. thanks guy!!

As far as I know, flair is a player's ability to do unexpected things (conversely, a defender's Anticipation skill is his ability to anticipate such things). Creativity determines how many options a player has in a given situation. The higher the creativity, the more options a player has to choose from.

Determination is slightly more confusing to me too. As far as I know it does a few things. First off, I believe it interacts with Aggression, Bravery, and Work Rate in deciding whether a player will actually bother beginning an action and continuing to attempt it (like going after a loose ball or something). It also decides how well or badly a player reacts to being behind in a game (or far ahead). Players with low determination will give up on matches easily as well as let up when far ahead. Lastly, determination helps decide how fast/whether a player hits his peak potential.

As far as I know, flair is a player's ability to do unexpected things (conversely, a defender's Anticipation skill is his ability to anticipate such things). Creativity determines how many options a player has in a given situation. The higher the creativity, the more options a player has to choose from.

Determination is slightly more confusing to me too. As far as I know it does a few things. First off, I believe it interacts with Aggression, Bravery, and Work Rate in deciding whether a player will actually bother beginning an action and continuing to attempt it (like going after a loose ball or something). It also decides how well or badly a player reacts to being behind in a game (or far ahead). Players with low determination will give up on matches easily as well as let up when far ahead. Lastly, determination helps decide how fast/whether a player hits his peak potential.

Basically, this.

Generally speaking, flair interacts more with dribbling and wingers or other players who like to have the ball and trick opponents. Think in real life of players who use a lot of faints, stepovers, roulettes, etc. Not necessarily better dribblers (Messi is an excellent dribbler but not a flashy one, the only tricks he regularly performs are faints and Laudrup shuffles, sometimes in concert) but players who deliberately try and fool their opponents, Ronaldo, Quaresma, Nani, etc.

Creativity is vital in terms of interacting with passing. More creative players "see" the passes, weigh options (offside player, goalscoring opportunity, switching play and so on). Whereas flair is unpredictability, creativity is more of a precise awareness, and is best represented by players like Pirlo , Oezil, and Xavi.

Some combine both abilities well (I think of Iniesta in this regard, as well as Ronaldinho).

Also, tip, look for centerbacks (yes, centerbacks) with high passing and creativity and set them as ball-playing defenders, you'll score a fair few goals from long passes and throughballs directly from back to front (Badstuber-Boateng on Bayern are great for this).