Hodgson calls truce with Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson draws a line under his row with Inter Milan coach Rafael Benitez.

More...

Only because if he kept on with the slanging match it would give Pool fans more reason to hate him. Rafa shouldn't even be bringing things up about Pool he is the Inter manager not Pool anymore.

As much as I love Woy. He's been a bit of a **** in the past few weeks.

Sigh. He just doesn't know when to stop digging.

He's really inept at public talking. This shouldn't of happened in the first place. Not how Liverpool managers should behave.

As much as I love Woy. He's been a bit of a **** in the past few weeks.

you can tell you support fulham ;)
dude....
hodgson is woeful, hes not a gentleman, hes not good with the media, and hes head is always up alex ferguson's ****.
he needs to realise that hes at liverpool football club, and stop settling for 2nd rate performances, 2nd rate interviews and stop with his ***** defensive tactis.
in RAFA i trust.

you can tell you support fulham ;)
dude....
hodgson is woeful, hes not a gentleman, hes not good with the media, and hes head is always up alex ferguson's ****.
he needs to realise that hes at liverpool football club, and stop settling for 2nd rate performances, 2nd rate interviews and stop with his ***** defensive tactis.
in RAFA i trust.

Trusting Rafa won't get you anywhere now.

Hodgson has been a bit of an arrogant ***** since joining Liverpool though. Needs to buck up his ideas.

Totally agree about Hodgson being a bit of a ***** over the last couple of weeks, However I think he was spot on with his comments about Rafa's signings, most of them were rank rotten and obvious flops waiting to happen before they even kicked a ball for Liverpool, god the list you could create would be endless!! In Rafa we trust (as they say!) Serious question But trust in what? because it certainly wasn't to make good signings and build a good title winning squad.. This is not a dig at Liverpool because I've always quite admired them but would love to know why the fans loved Rafa quite so much.

Didn't Rafa not have control of transfers, im sure it was Rick Perry, and didn't Liverpool only turn **** when Sammy Lee went back.

Hodgson is so far out of his depth at Liverpool, it's laughable, well it would be if it wasn't the team i supported...

Totally agree about Hodgson being a bit of a ***** over the last couple of weeks, However I think he was spot on with his comments about Rafa's signings, most of them were rank rotten and obvious flops waiting to happen before they even kicked a ball for Liverpool, god the list you could create would be endless!! In Rafa we trust (as they say!) Serious question But trust in what? because it certainly wasn't to make good signings and build a good title winning squad.. This is not a dig at Liverpool because I've always quite admired them but would love to know why the fans loved Rafa quite so much.

They loved him so much because he won the champions league with them. He actually had a reasonably successful time at Liverpool, people's memories are just tainted by his last season or two.

Yet again Hodgson is coming out of this looking like the bad guy. Rafa isen't Pool coach anymore so he should really keep his mouth shut.

They loved him so much because he won the champions league with them. He actually had a reasonably successful time at Liverpool, people's memories are just tainted by his last season or two.

Last season, only one. The media loved scapegoating him.

Yet again Hodgson is coming out of this looking like the bad guy. Rafa isen't Pool coach anymore so he should really keep his mouth shut.

Hodgson started it. Of course Rafa will retaliate, Roys words were unfair.Rafa gave us five fantastic years, and truly loves the club. Roy; dosen't.

Last season, only one. The media loved scapegoating him.

Hodgson started it. Of course Rafa will retaliate, Roys words were unfair.Rafa gave us five fantastic years, and truly loves the club. Roy; dosen't.

Ok maybe Roy is playing negative but the players could adapt to the system they are professional after all. Roy said what he thought but it would have been better if Rafa just kept quiet, his priorities are Inter and sometimes i think he and fans of Pool forget that sometimes.

Ok maybe Roy is playing negative but the players could adapt to the system they are professional after all.

No. Otherwise playing Gerrard on the left wing during the World Cup would've been fine, because he's professional, after all, right? He should adapt, right?

No. Otherwise playing Gerrard on the left wing during the World Cup would've been fine, because he's professional, after all, right? He should adapt, right?

Well i have heard lots of media and journelists say Gerrard had an ok tournement??

Ok maybe Roy is playing negative but the players could adapt to the system they are professional after all. Roy said what he thought but it would have been better if Rafa just kept quiet, his priorities are Inter and sometimes i think he and fans of Pool forget that sometimes.

Surely Roys priorites are on his OWN team then? We don't want to see this football, Rafa spent five years building a team that plays good, football, with short passes and long interchangeable ones; we're not built for long hoofballs into the cornors. We don't want them to adapt, we want Roy to gtfo.

Well i have heard lots of media and journelists say Gerrard had an ok tournement??

You're missing the point by a nautical mile. He had an okay tournament, but he could have been so much better.

I like how Roy complained about the 'expensive failures', when he's well on the way to becoming one...

This is just what im seeing as an outsider, i think Pool fans still believe Rafa is the manager if that sounds wierd. Its like they can't move on i think they should get behind the manager and players.

Back