Hodgson defends start to season

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
New Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson says criticism of results so far this season is unfair.

More...

4 games into the season and he's already under pressure, this looks good!

It was always going to happen i cant see him lasting the season and the worst thing about it will be it wont be because hes a bad manager and isnt capable.

Its very tough to go to Liverpool and make things happen straight away. They need time, although i feel Hodgson is just a stop gap.

If the Liverpool board can give him another season, should Liverpool flop again, he should be getting the Pool results.

People judging him after 4 games know nothing about football, same with the people judging Mancini aswell, give them time.

People judging him after 4 games know nothing about football, same with the people judging Mancini aswell, give them time.

Why dont you take your love to some other thread.

We have been dreadful so far, apart from the Arsenal match. But I'm not judging Hodgson, only the way we're playing. We're playing 'anti-football', big balls into the cornor of the pitch, hoping for a throw in, and then ******* about with it, until someone pumps it into the box and hopes that the ONE man in there Torres, can get to it. We're not going to win matches like that.

Why dont you take your love to some other thread.
Stop the trolling maybe, im using as an example that people judge managers way too quickly, hodgson has been at liverpool 4 games, hes not done well but 4 results dont make a season

Arsenal (H) - 1-1
Man City (A) - 3-0
WBA (H) - 1-0
Birmingham (A) - 0-0
Manchester Utd (A)

When Liverpool's opening fixtures were announced I think everyone noticed how tough they were. From our first 5 I don't think anyone was expecting to win them all, with perhaps only the West Brom game being a must win.

4 games into the season and he's already under pressure, this looks good!

3 Games more than Rafa managed. As soon as he lost to Spurs on the opening day we'd already lost half the amount from the previous season!

Stop the trolling maybe, im using as an example that people judge managers way too quickly, hodgson has been at liverpool 4 games, hes not done well but 4 results dont make a season

Hodgson and Mancini are in 2 completely different situations, not even a fool would compare the situations, Knowing you i was not surprised.

sunilvk if you cant be civilised be quiet

joe this has nothing to do with mancini, nor is it similar

way too harsh to judge Hodgeson this early. as he has said there are a lot of new players that need to gel. I don't watch Liverpool play so can't comment on that but results haven't been that bad

Hard job to do, expected better performances from Liverpool though, be interesting to see where they are in two months time but there is certainly room for improvement. The ownership situation can't be used as an excuse forever.

I'm more concerned about the way we're playing than the results. We've played route one stuff every game this season, even against West Brom we played the long ball. It is never going to work with Torres as a lone striker trying to win every single ball in the air on his own, he isn't Kevin Davies, and we're not Bolton.

Hodgson needs to completely adjust his tactics to get the best out of the players. We've got quality there, Roy just needs to use it.

I'm more concerned about the way we're playing than the results. We've played route one stuff every game this season, even against West Brom we played the long ball. It is never going to work with Torres as a lone striker trying to win every single ball in the air on his own, he isn't Kevin Davies, and we're not Bolton.

Hodgson needs to completely adjust his tactics to get the best out of the players. We've got quality there, Roy just needs to use it.
thats just it, he has got you playing all wrong, and rather than covering your flaws, hes actually exposing them. normally the game on sunday would really worry me, but im actually relishing it. the results were always going to be difficult given the fixtures, but the performances have been sub par

the only thing that got me was i think it was either Skrtel or Agger coming out saying we will win the league this season. Look i respect pool but i believe most fans would agree that its all about stabalising the club and hopefully finishing better then they did last season.

Birmingham 0-0 Liverpool - Draw

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom - Win

Trabzonspor 1- 2 Liverpool - Win

Man City 3-0 Liverpool - Loss

Liverpool 1-0 Trabzonspor - Win

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal - Draw

Liverpool 2-0 Rabotnicki Skopje - Win

Rabotnicki Skopje 0-2 Liverpool - Win

Wins - 5

Draws - 2

Defeats - 1

For a team with a new manager, and new players I don't see what the problem is.. Fair enough we might not be playing the best football in the world, but with the situation the club is in now as long as the results are good, I don't really care and I think most other Liverpool fans would agree. Our first 4 league games have all been hard games, bar the West Brom game which people expected us to win anyway, people didn't expect us to get a result against Arsenal, and we did. We did lose against City but they where the better team and it was a fair result. And after last season you can play Brum at home and expect anything.

the only thing that got me was i think it was either Skrtel or Agger coming out saying we will win the league this season. Look i respect pool but i believe most fans would agree that its all about stabalising the club and hopefully finishing better then they did last season.
Skrtel came out and said he believe we CAN win the league, as can Blackpool, Stoke Etc (H)

Agger should be CB, Skrtel can be on the bench. Team for Man U :D
Reina
Johno Carra Agger Konchesky
Maxi Lucas Gerrard Poulsen Cole
Torres

Apparent team for tomorrow, according to Neil Jones: Reina; Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Konchesky; Spearing, Meireles; Maxi, Cole, Babel; Ngog.

Kind of tells me Agger won't be playing, Meriels almost certainly won't

Back