Hodgson defends start to season

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 2K
Skrtel came out and said he believe we CAN win the league, as can Blackpool, Stoke Etc (H)

Agger should be CB, Skrtel can be on the bench. Team for Man U :D
Reina
Johno Carra Agger Konchesky
Maxi Lucas Gerrard Poulsen Cole
Torres

Apparent team for tomorrow, according to Neil Jones: Reina; Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Konchesky; Spearing, Meireles; Maxi, Cole, Babel; Ngog.

Kind of tells me Agger won't be playing, Meriels almost certainly won't
not playing meireles against united would be a big error, exactly the player you want chasing down scholes and helping to shut down fletcher

not playing meireles against united would be a big error, exactly the player you want chasing down scholes and helping to shut down fletcher

Would of thought that job will go to Poulson but Hodgson's style of tactics means that you don't really man mark players out of the game, just keep shape and cover your area.

Slowly lowering my expectations with each game and don't know what to think. Don't want an average "steady the ship" season because we should atleast win something (not the league) but a cup or something and if we don't win anything I expect a decent challenge in one of them.

We need more time and blending before we can judge Hodgson properly. Meireles hasn't played yet, Torres isn't on top form and I'm sure when they both are we will improve a lot and play more positive football. Time will tell.

Would of thought that job will go to Poulson but Hodgson's style of tactics means that you don't really man mark players out of the game, just keep shape and cover your area.
poulsen hasnt got anywhere near the mobility of meireles. i see what you mean, but giving scholes spaces to play, on the wide pitch of OT, is as close to suicidal as you can get, he'll just sit deep and ping passes about all day. it'll be interesting to see how he deals with him

Honestly worried about the United game, I'd take a draw now. If Roy decided to play route one football to Torres again we could be beaten heavily. Playing the football we have been so far, we're going to give the ball away far too much against United and they will punish us.

Reina
Johnson-Carra-Agger-Konchesky
Poulsen
Gerrard-Meireles
Maxi--------------------------Cole
Torres​

Should play something like that I reckon, more importantly is the way Roy approaches the game tactically though.

Would none of you Liverpool fans prefer an Agger & Skrtel partnership at the back?

Would none of you Liverpool fans prefer an Agger & Skrtel partnership at the back?

Good question... We play too deep to compensate Carra but I just don't trust Skrtel and believe Carra is still the better option.

Not for me. Skrtel really has a lapse of judgement, can't control his clearances, and really shouldn't be first choice CB. Imo

No. Carra's leadership qualities and influence are massive at the back, especially in a game against someone like United.

No. Carra's leadership qualities and influence are massive at the back, especially in a game against someone like United.
maybe, but his lack of pace could be your undoing. legend he may be, its time he started being put out to pasture slowlly

maybe, but his lack of pace could be your undoing. legend he may be, its time he started being put out to pasture slowlly
Carragher's still better than Skrtel, and until we get another good CB, I don't see any reason in it. He wants to play every game.:D

Carragher's still better than Skrtel, and until we get another good CB, I don't see any reason in it. He wants to play every game.:D

I'm not sure about that. Skrtel is no compromise kind of defender with decent pace. Jamie is a Legend and one of the best for Liverpool, but his lack of pace has put liverpool trouble many times. From Liverpool point of view i would say, Skrtel-Agger partnership is the best way to move forward. A monster with someone who is excellent ball playing CB is the best combination.

Agger is potentially world class defender if played regularly. He was unsettled as well last season. I would like to have him. Such a class CB.

Carragher has been one of our best players so far this season. He's been very good at the back and I'd be VERY surprised if he was dropped for the United game.

I've heard Liverpool fans say that they're going to do **** this season, in my eyes an improvement on last season would be a bonus, but Liverpool fans find it hard to accept that they're not a Prem winning team anymore.

I think they'll get into the Champions League this year, but Hodgson's counter attacking football might not suit Liverpool.

but Liverpool fans find it hard to accept that they're not a Prem winning team anymore.

I think most fans have known and accepted it for years, it's the media who are stuck in the past. Unless something spectacular happens we won't even come close this season.

I think most fans have known and accepted it for years, it's the media who are stuck in the past. Unless something spectacular happens we won't even come close this season.

Yeah the media are only out to do one thing really, just stirr some **** up.

I think Hodgson is a great manager, but he's not going to win the league, no chance, not with the likes of Chelsea still looking **** hot, also Arsenal are looking pretty decent. If I was a Liverpool fan, any improvement on last season would be good.

Yer too be honest I would be extremely happy and relieved if we finished 4th this year... For the first time in donkeys years we don't think its our year haha. Chelsea are just too good at the moment.

i would love to see liverpool get 4th again but atm I put them behind Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham and City

I agree with him,

1.He is a new manager as well as he has bought a few new players,give them time to gel

2.The environment he is working in is not exactly ideal with the finances of the club in jeopardy and no real buyer materalising

3.Too much pressure on him to be the saviour of Liverpool as Jose Mourinho put it 'Managers are not Harry Potter'

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

:P
It was always going to happen i cant see him lasting the season and the worst thing about it will be it wont be because hes a bad manager and isnt capable.

He is not a bad manager, I would like to see you try take a average team like Fulham to a Europa league Final beating the likes of Werder Bremen and Juventus on the way then you can talk:P:P

Back