Hodgson regrets plea to Reds fans

I think this has gone way to far now.... look at what Roy Hodgson has available to him...

There are only three top class players which in my eyes are Gerrard (who is playing very average at the moment), Fernando Torres (he seems to have lose it completely) and Meireles (he does not look anything of the player I remember seeing when watching him play for Porto or National side) the rest are just average and playing very average lol. (Ok some may say Carragher and Agger are good enough but personally I think they are average - good)

I think Liverpool is probably a top six side at a push these days. Although Roy has had a bad start he has not been given enough time.... give him a season, after all Rafael Benitez was given chance after chance in his last few seasons.

I agree that not all of our players are great nor top four quality, but most of them (In my opinion) are and they just aren't being used right. Im sure that you wouldn't mind if Man United had Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Johnson, Merieles and most would probably make it into your squad as well.

I agree that not all of our players are great nor top four quality, but most of them (In my opinion) are and they just aren't being used right. Im sure that you wouldn't mind if Man United had Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Johnson, Merieles and most would probably make it into your squad as well.

Ahh I apologise Reina is top class as well. Forgot about him lol.

Obviously Torres would be welcome at United even though he is completely out of form, but who would not accept him. Agger would be a bench warmer and Meireles would because we are missing a creative spark in midfield.... but then again I have not seen anything from Meireles which would make me want United to have him. So I do not think he would get in to the first team especially if Scholes and Fletcher were fit. I rate Carrick higher then Meireles as well, because of how Meireles has played since he has joined L'pool I thought he was much better then what he appears to be.

I think your definitely not a top four team and your a top six team at a push..... for me it goes something like Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City/Tottenham/Liverpool. But this is all just my opinion.

Last edited:
Ahh I apologise Reina is top class as well. Forgout about him lol.

Obviously Torres would be welcome at United even though he is completely out of form, but who would not accept him. Agger would be a bench warmer and Meireles would because we are missing a creative spark in midfield.... but then again I have not seen anything from Meireles which would make me want United to have him. So I do not think he would get in to the first team especially if Scholes and Fletcher were fit. I rate Carrick higher then Meireles as well, because of how Meireles has played since he has joined L'pool I thought he was much better then what he appears to be.

I think your definitely not a top four team and your a top six team at a push..... for me it goes something like Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City/Tottenham/Liverpool. But this is all just my opinion.

I'm never going to agree with you. I felt that in 2008/2009 when we came second to United that we had a top two side. Then Benitez tried to improve it and sold good players and didn't bring in adequate back-ups. And then with the sales of Macherano and Alonso we have slipped down to around 4th/5th. Although thats my opinion and of course I completely understand yours.

Hodgson isn't good enough for Liverpool- Fact. The fans have turned on him, and when eventually the players turn on him, he has to go. Lets see how much these owners, know about football.

I feel bad for him
He's a good manager and what he did with Fulham (and what Fulham are without him) proves this

The blame for Liverpool's mediocrity (apart from the club simply being a mediocre club) lies with Benitez

I think Liverpool is probably a top six side at a push these days. Although Roy has had a bad start he has not been given enough time.... give him a season, after all Rafael Benitez was given chance after chance in his last few seasons.

The danger in giving him a season is that he may well place us into the relegation zone.

The one thing most of us fear is him being given time to shape the squad to what he wants. We really, really do not want to see hoofball becoming the default setting for our team. We'll accept pragmatism but not sitting ten men behind the ball for every single match while Mr.Hodgson drills all creativity out of the team.

The damning thing is that a lot of us saw this coming the moment he was whispered to be Purslow's first choice. He hasn't helped himself at all with some gargantuan displays of inept management - both in terms of man-management (which he was supposed to excel at) and how he sets the team up to play. His 'decent man' image has been severely dented by his snide press conferences and attempts to pass the buck everywhere. It is not Rafael Benitez who sent the team out to defend in their own half against Wolves. It was not Rafael Benitez who signed a midfielder who cannot pass nor defend nor attack nor run for £5m.

This isn't a 'blip' in a glittering career for Mr.Hodgson. This is pretty much par for the course for him. But for us, it's the worst start in six decades and the worst football even the flat caps on the Kremlin can remember being served up. If Mr.Hodgson's traditional poor end to the season happens at Liverpool, we're on course to finish on 40 points, which is relegation zone stuff.

Hodgson's tenure at our club is failing badly, and he's only in a job now because those who are being headhunted to replace him wish to remain at their current clubs til the end of the season. He's been given long enough. It really is time for him to go.

Bring Kenny back in for the last part of the season with a remit to do what is necessary to prepare the ground for a new manager. To sell whoever he feels is not committed to the cause, to drop whoever he feels is not performing for the shirt. We need a manager with cojones and who can command respect. There's only one man available right now who can do the job. Really wish we could leave him be, but it's a no-lose situation for him now.