Hodgson was 'unlucky' at Anfield

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 2K
couldnt disagree with you more.. dalglish came in with exact same squad brought confidence and ATTACKING football and it has worked a charm compared to start of season... meireles was being played outta position under hodgson.. as soon as dalglish comes in he plays he CM and he wins player of the month and has been outstanding
yes it must have been hard but he didnt help himself
I wouldnt say Daglish has had the best start either I mean a 3-1 loss to West Ham isnt exactley something u boast about.Also what was wrong was Hodgson was unluckey they gave a manager who was defensive minded a job that required an attacking mind.

couldnt disagree with you more.. dalglish came in with exact same squad brought confidence and ATTACKING football and it has worked a charm compared to start of season... meireles was being played outta position under hodgson.. as soon as dalglish comes in he plays he CM and he wins player of the month and has been outstanding
yes it must have been hard but he didnt help himself
There was actually a massive difference. Hodgson didn't have the cash to bring in his own players whereas Daglish got money under Mr. Henry to spend after he sold Torres + Babel. I don't know why all these Liverpool 'fans' are saying he was terrible, it was very difficult for him and if you don't back your manager through hard times, you're not fit to be a football fan. I thought the sacking was very harsh and I am quite unhappy about it, although well done Daglish!

Just imagine what LFC Could of done with dalglish at the start of the year?
were only 9 points or whatever off 4th now with one of our worst starts in recent history

Nice to dream :P

Are you like 10..? The situations the inherited ar very different... If you had Kenny at the start of the season, your season would of followed a similar pattern to what it has now... When you where 14th or something on october most people still said you would finish in the top6/7. Yet that wasnt good enough then apparently. :/.

Kenny has done well, but he got the job at a good time, He managed to have proper owners, he managed to get rid of that muppet which is Torres... and had a nice start to his reign really.

He didnt help himself at times but the squad was poor and didnt want to play for him and is that his fault?? No i dont think so. Also people saying Kenny has improved things, yes he has but stats show that when a team change manager the next 5 games are better but then they level themselfs out again.... West Ham was Dalglish's his 6th game in charge.

Makes me laugh all the pool fans slaggin off hodgson for being **** and to small for liverpool. He took over a ***** squad that benitez had overspent on and had no cash left for the new manager comin in. When dalglish took over and they lost to blackpool it was suddenly the players faults not the managers!!! haha

Looking at it from a neutral perspective it seemed that Liverpool were already on a massive slide under Benitez and it would have been a difficult job for whoever took over.

It was unfortunate but Roy Hodgson just wasn't good enough and if you don't get the results the manager will be in the firing line. Personally I hope he does well at West Brom and tbh I think he will keep them up after seeing them play Birmingham yesterday.

there's being unlucky and then there's just being plain ****. Hodgson was the latter

TBH and being fair, he took on a massive job at the wrong time. The squad was pretty much pants, and as somebody said, was already on a slide. I like Hodgson a lot, and some of the flack he got was very harsh. He's a good manager and could only work with what he had. And most of it was championship material imo. And tbh, some of players probably thought "we got a manager from Fulham? Thats not a big club and he's not a big name manager", and made their mind up not to play for him. And if that was the case, its very disrespectful to Roy, and don't deserve to wear the Liverpool shirt. Wish him all the luck at West Brom

Just imagine what LFC Could of done with dalglish at the start of the year?
were only 9 points or whatever off 4th now with one of our worst starts in recent history

Nice to dream :P

I doubt any manager could have got liverpool in the top 4 before Dalglish joined...Key players out of form and not much money to work with. Ok Poulsen was a bad signing but Meireles is looking settled now and don't forgot how excited you guys were when he managed to sign Joe Cole...

there's being unlucky and then there's just being plain ****. Hodgson was the latter

Sigh, yes his mentality in matches wasn't spot on but what more do you expect from players like N'Gog, Poulsen, Kuyt (admire his work rate but you can't really expect more than a scrappy goal here or there) and a shockingly bad Torres...

TBH and being fair, he took on a massive job at the wrong time. The squad was pretty much pants, and as somebody said, was already on a slide. I like Hodgson a lot, and some of the flack he got was very harsh. He's a good manager and could only work with what he had. And most of it was championship material imo. And tbh, some of players probably thought "we got a manager from Fulham? Thats not a big club and he's not a big name manager", and made their mind up not to play for him. And if that was the case, its very disrespectful to Roy, and don't deserve to wear the Liverpool shirt. Wish him all the luck at West Brom
Agreed :) Although Di Matteo should still be at West Brom :'(

Agreed :) Although Di Matteo should still be at West Brom :'(

Agreed, Di Matteo was given the boot wrongly. Was harsh to the guy. He's a good manager though and will find a club. I like him and his style of football

I think Di Matteo shudnt have been sacked but it is looking like the right decision as Roy has somehow sorted the defence.

You can't blame the poor squad as it is basically the same as Daglish has now and he is doing better. If anything the squad was in even worse condition for Daglish compared Hodgson as the squad had now had half a season of bad results and poor management. Hodgson was way to stubborn to change his tactics, even though he was doing poorly. Also not the greatest of ideas having a go at the fans for them being ****** of with Hodgson's poor management

So the squad now is Championship material, yet we are in some of the best form in years? The squad is far better than is made out to be. Hodgson was poor, he never adapted, he faced the consequences.

So the squad now is Championship material, yet we are in some of the best form in years? The squad is far better than is made out to be. Hodgson was poor, he never adapted, he faced the consequences.

Tbh was referring to when they were playing earlier and were in lower half. Half of them didn't even try. Even Gerrard was having problems, and I highly rate Gerrard-he's a class player.

I just didn't word it properly tbh

Tbh was referring to when they were playing earlier and were in lower half. Half of them didn't even try. Even Gerrard was having problems, and I highly rate Gerrard-he's a class player.

I just didn't word it properly tbh

It is difficult to adjust to a system that relies on a target man, out and out wingers and a solid defence though, when we have none of them. He played to our weaknesses and not to our strengths. Was never going to work.

Either way though, Hodgson was thrust into a pretty lose-lose situation, and ultimately felt the pressure, and it cost him the job. The board should've really looked for a manager that could deal with the pressure of such a job, but didn't

Either way though, Hodgson was thrust into a pretty lose-lose situation, and ultimately felt the pressure, and it cost him the job. The board should've really looked for a manager that could deal with the pressure of such a job, but didn't

Absolutely, but if Hodgson was appointed and wanted the job, he should have surely adjusted his system?

Back