lfc2datop

Reaction score
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim today has announced hiring of former Australian Goalkeeper and U/19 coach Justin Smith. Smith, 37, today held a press conference, stating that his main aim for this season would be a top half finish, and to rebuild his fairly young squad into a genuine contender for future awards. He has the full support of the Hoffenheim board, and has been given 2.29 mil in his transfer budget, as well as 426k for wages.

Smith has gotten off to a great start so far in his pre-season matches, aided by some key signings, and by keeping hold of his star wingers Chinedu Obasi and Demba Ba, Hoffenheim look ready for the season ahead.

Pre-Season Results:
Hoffenheim 2-0 Hoffenheim II
Chemnitz 0-2 Hoffenheim
Yverdon 0-4 Hoffenheim
Sannois SG 0-9 Hoffenheim
La Berrichonne 0-4 Hoffenheim
Clermont Foot 63 0-2 Hoffenheim
CS Sedan Ardennes 0-3 Hoffenheim

Transfers:
IN:
Sergio Canales (1.4mil) Racing
Brilliant signing, Smith declared himself thrilled for his team to be attracting this calabre of young talent
Daniel Opare (275k) R. Madrid
Smith jumped at the opportunity to sign the young RB as cover and for the future on such a cheap transfer
Nicolas Medina (475k) Osasuana
Smith described Medina as 'a good squad player to add some depth up front'
J. dos Santos (130k) Barca
Smith was happy to bring in some extra cover for the creative midfield spots, and also tried to use him as a barganing chip to bring his brother in on loan (failed)
Mark Viduka (free)
While he is old, he is a quaality player, and one of Smith's compatriots, is sure to do his manager and good friend proud over the course of his 2-year deal
Lillo (250k) Valencia
Good competition for Opare and Beck in the RB spot
Christian Vieri (free)
Another old horse, signed as a back-up in case of injuries
Rodney Sneijder (loan fee 250k) Ajax
Some much needed cover down the left flank, Smith was delighted to sign him on loan late in the transfer period

OUT:
Andreas Ibertsberger (1.3 mil) Koln
Deemed surplus for the RB spot, Koln jumped on the chance when Smith offered him
Per Nilsson (1.2 mil) AaB
Another surplus defender, offered out and signed by AaB very quickly

These signings have sloted into Smith's tactics seamlessly, and his favoured formation, a modified 4-3-3 is sure to set the Bundesliga alight with some stylish, attacking football. The most likely set-up he will be using as a starting XI should be:

-------------------------------------------------Hildebrand---------------------------------------------------------
Beck---------------Jassie---------------------------------------------Compper------------------------Eichner
---------------------------------Zuculini-------------------------Salihovic---------------------------------------
Obasi------------------------------------Carlos Eduardo-----------------------------------------------------Ba
---------------------------------------------------Ibisevic-----------------------------------------------------------

with a bench of: Ozcan, Simunic, Canales, Gustavo, Maicosuel, Viduka, Opare

Stay tuned guys, and follow Hoffenheim in their quest for glory. Any recomendations/things I should-could have done better please let me know.

There was a thread about this with the same team a few years back... :S

Anyway,good luck.

There was a thread about this with the same team a few years back... :S

Anyway,good luck.

hmmmm, a few years back eh?? Meh, I'm sure most people have forgotten that buy now, so I should be all sweet. thanks anyways :)

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

August Review:
Wow, what a month for Justin Smith at Hoffenheim. Currently equal fist in the league with all 9 points achieved, and through to the next round of the German Cup.

German Cup: Wormatia Worms 0-3 Hoffenheim
Decided to play several of my new youth signings for this game, and didn't it pay off. Admitedly, the opposition wan't exactly Barca, but it was still a good result.
Goalscorers:
Compper (6)
Eichner (27)
Ibisevic (49)
MOTM: Eichner (8.1)

Bundesliga Round 1: Hoffenheim 3-1 Frankfurt
A draw was predicted before the game, but Hoffenheim rallied and a brilliant performance by the attacking trio saw them run out comfortable victors.
Goalscorers:
Ba (10)
Obasi (15)
Ibisevic (69)
MOTM: Obasi (8.1)

Round 2: Stuttgart 0-4 Hoffenheim
What a display, as the underdogs pull off a dominating performance, the highlight being a superb hattrick from Ibisevic.
Goalscorers:
Ibisevic (29, 49, 59)
Ba (83)
MOTM: Ibisevic (9.5)

Round 3: Hoffenheim 5-0 Dortmund
Another unstoppable display, and a first-half brace from Ibisevic helps Hoffenheim cruise to a 5-0 win, and into first on the table.
Goalscorers:
Ibisevic (1[record quickest goal 29 seconds], 10)
Ba (12)
Carlos Eduardo (70)
Weidenfeller (own goal 75)
MOTM: Ibisevic (8.4 subbed at half-time)

So, in the three Bundesliga matches in August, Hoffenheim are 3-0-0, with 12 for and 1 against. Ibisevic is leading the goalscorers with 6, while Obasi and Carlos Eduardo occupy 1st and 2nd on the assists leaderboad, with 4 and 3 respectively. A brilliant start for a team predicted to be barely top half, but with some key league clashes with Wolfsburg and HSV coming up, as well as the German cup 2nd round, it will be interesting to see how long this side can keep it up.

Smith's player of the month: Vedad Ibisevic
6 goals in 3 games, with an assist and an average rating of 8.32 in all competitions makes this a very easy choice.

If there is anything you guys think I could do better (match reviews, etc.) dont hesitate to post or PM me.
Thanks for reading :)

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

September Review:
With Hoffenheim still undefeated in the league, the only negatives to have come so far this season was to be eliminated in the second round of the German cup, and the injury to key right winger Chinedu Obasi, leaving him sidelined for 6-7 weeks.

Round 4: Koln 0-1 Hoffenheim
Scraped through with a win, despite Koln having many more chances
Goalscorer:
Carlos Eduardo (31)
MOTM: Hildebrand (7.5)

Round 5: Hoffenheim 1-0 HSV
Again, HSV were lucky not to get a draw as Hoffenheim scraped through thanks to a good defensive display
Goalscorer:
Ba (50)
MOTM: Ba (7.7)

Round 6: Mainz 0-1 Hoffenheim
Another very lucky win, with a stunning long-shot from Carlos Eduardo getting Hoffenheim a scrappy result
Goalscorer:
Carlos Eduardo (43)
MOTM: Jaissle (7.5)

German Cup 2nd Round: Frankfurt 2-1 Hoffenheim
1st loss of the season, a very-much second-string Hoffenheim side go down in a close match, with Smith choosing to rest his key players
Goalscorer:
Carlos Eduardo (66)
MOTM: Carlos Eduardo (7.5)

Round 7: Bochum 1-2 Hoffenheim
Finally, Ibisevic scores his first goals for this month, and just at the right time to down Bochum at home.
Goalscorer:
Ibisevic (2, 50)
MOTM: Ibisevic (8.4)

With Obasi injured, Smith has had to shuffle some of his reserve players around, and bring in Maicosuel on the right wing. With such a quiet month for Ibisevic, Hoffenheim struggled to find the form that they had in the first few games, but still remain undefeated and with maximum points. However, with October featuring matches against FC Bayern and Wolfsburg, will they be able to keep up this superb form. Ibisevic has slipped in the scoring leaderboard, and is now equal 1st with 8 league strikes. Obasi and Carlos Eduardo are also equal 2nd now in assists with 4, having been overtaken by Robben.

Smith's player of the month: Carlos Eduardo
The attacking midfielder has been the heart and sole of Hoffenheim this month, and with 3 goals and an assist to his name, has won the club vital points all on his own, especially with the lack of goals earlier in the month from Ibisevic.

Thanks for reading guys, keep following and posting ideas for improvements and stuff

:p You on Windows 7? If your on Windows 7, do the following:

Go to: Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager, when you get to there make a folder called "screenshots" if there isn't already one there. When on the game, press "alt" + "F9" and its saved the screenshot

:p You on Windows 7? If your on Windows 7, do the following:

Go to: Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager, when you get to there make a folder called "screenshots" if there isn't already one there. When on the game, press "alt" + "F9" and its saved the screenshot

Na Vista, and I have some wierd version of FM, the files are in 'program files' on my C drive, not in my documents. I tried making a file in the folder but it doesnt work, no screenshots appear there.

Ah, sorry then, can't help you since I downloaded via steam ;)

Looking forward to your next update! CMON HOFFENHEIM!! ;)

It seems interesting. I will follow :)

Thanks, at least I know people are reading it now, my first story so may not be the best out there, but I didnt see any other ones from Hoffenheim, and very little from Germany, so I decided to give it a go. Updates tonight :), some very frustrating months for me

Good luck, check my story too if you have time, you might get some ideas from it for a new Layout. :)

October Review:
A very dissapointing end to the month for Hoffenheim and manager Smith, with the team suffering a huge deficit in form, funnily enough occuring with the loss of key playmaker and player of the month from September, Carlos Eduardo.

Round 8: Hoffenheim 1-0 Wolfsburg
Great result against defending champs Wolfsburg, thanks to a superb strike early in the game, beating the keeper from 35 yards.
Goalscorer:
Canales (3)
MOTM: Canales (7.8)

Round 9: Gladbach 0-1 Hoffenheim
Another scrappy win thanks to a superb finish from leading scorer Ibisevic.
Goalscorer:
Ibisevic (19)
MOTM: Jassle (7.4)

Round 10: Hoffenheim 0-1 FC Bayern
Unlucky not to get a point out of this match, with a dubious decision to award Toni a goal which looked to be offside. Smith critised the performance of the officials, but recieved no official warning.

Round 11: Hannover 1-0 Hoffenheim
A very poor performance from Hoffenheim, the loss against Bayern seems to have really affected morale, and it showed, Hannover were unlucky not to get more goals in this one.

With the injuries to both Obasi (who missed the Bayern game) and Carlos Eduardo really affecting the results, manager Smith needs to get his side back on course after their first two defeats of the season. The team remains in first by one point over FC Bayern, who have a game in hand over Smith's side

Smith's player of the month: Sergio Canales
A brilliant month from the young central-midfielder, which saw him score the winning goal against Wolfsburg, and also provide an assist for Hoffenheims only other goal of the month.

More updates soon guys, good to see some responses as well, keeps the enthusiasm there to keep going :)

Not a good month... But still leading after all ;) Keep it up mate :)

Unlucky against Bayern but you have a really good squad, even with the injuries :). Personally, I think you'd be best with a 4-2-4 variation like this:

---GK---
--DL--DC--DC--DR--
---MC---MC---
-----AML----------AMR-----
---FC---FC---

But that's just my preference :) Good luck with this anyway, should be good :)

Yes, injuries suck, got updates for the rest of the season coming soon, was about to start writing another story, but I'm about to be fired so probably not the best one to be writing with haha

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

So, my file is now stuffed up, and I cant open the save. :( :( :(
By the end of the season I was 8th, but I guess now this story is now dead. **** XML error

Ahh, thats harsh, I was looking forward to reading the end of the story :(

Will you be making any other stories some time soon? ;)

Ahh, thats harsh, I was looking forward to reading the end of the story :(

Will you be making any other stories some time soon? ;)

I think so, I was planning to start one in Ligue 1, but I got fired. I'm thinking of doing a stroy with Getafe, I just started a save, I'm gunna try play til about september first before I commit to actually making one :)