mshaw2

Reaction score
Apart from the obvious, not being able to change tactics, players and motivation. Is there any other real disadvantage to going on holiday before every game? You can still pick your team and tactics before hand. Do the fans, chairman etc actually recgonise you have gone on holiday or is it just a way of making the game quicker?

defeats the object of the game, you play football manager to feel like you are actually a real manager, obviously your not,but you expierince the highs and lows all the same, what if arsene wenger or sir alex just went, ah i might lose this game, so bolex im gonna go on holiday then come back at the end of the game and say YES i won that all by myself. The same with if you win a trophy, you didnt win the trophy your assistant did, as your assistant changes your tactics, makes subs and so on. To summarise if your going to holiday every game. dont play it.

Last edited:
to be honest i think the "go on holiday" was there becuase of the gap between the end of one season and the start of another.

defeats the object of the game, you play football manager to feel like you are actually a real manager, obviously your not,but you expierince the highs and lows all the same, what if arsene wenger or sir alex just went, ah i might lose this game, so bolex im gonna go on holiday then come back at the end of the game and say YES i won that all by myself. The same with if you win a trophy, you didnt win the trophy your assistant did, as your assistant changes your tactics, makes subs and so on. To summarise if your going to holiday every game. dont play it.

Yes, I understand that bit mate. My question was, apart from the obvious, what are the disadvantages of going on holiday every game. Maybe I should of been more precise. If I go on holiday before every game, at the end of the season will the chairman, fans etc recgonise i've been on holiday before every game or would I get recgonised for ''doing it all myself''. It was a question, i'm not condoning it in any way

oh fair play, no the game doesnt take you going on holiday into account atall