AlastairRyan

Reaction score
Whenever i go on holiday, a week can take up to half an hour, it says the game speed is 3 stars...

erm........shrink the database if its too slow? your not really giving much away tbh

Well what else can i say? English Leagues Blue Square North/South and all Tahitian players, even with just the premier league it's slow, everything else on the game is normal speed

Strange, my computer's like one star and I holidayed for a month and that took like 30 minutes :S

Is the custome database for the loaded players large? That'll still have an impact, especially when it comes to regens, and of course taking into account the specs for your pc/laptop. Mine goes fairly average even when I have blue square leagues added, and a large custom database for players based in England. If you want the game to run faster, close down all background programmes you don't need

I had a custom database, small, but all players from england, tahiti and American Samoa, that's probably why

How many human managers do you have on the game?

REmove all news subscriptions.

How many human managers do you have on the game?

REmove all news subscriptions.

Have to admit. I NEVER think about removing subscriptions to make it run faster.

Have to admit. I NEVER think about removing subscriptions to make it run faster.

Having 30 managers all getting news on each other was the reason my auction game crashed under its own crippling slowness.

Removing the subscriptions helped to speed things up, but still didnt stop the crashes if i holidayed beyond a few weeks at a time, it seems FM can only handle so much unread mail in a managers inbox before crashing.

I now run the same db with one unemployed manager, subscribing to no news, and its super rapid, a season takes roughly 10 minutes.

Having 30 managers all getting news on each other was the reason my auction game crashed under its own crippling slowness.

Removing the subscriptions helped to speed things up, but still didnt stop the crashes if i holidayed beyond a few weeks at a time, it seems FM can only handle so much unread mail in a managers inbox before crashing.

I now run the same db with one unemployed manager, subscribing to no news, and its super rapid, a season takes roughly 10 minutes.

10 minutes ?! thats insane lol. Just shows how much difference a few tweaks here and there can make to the game. Think I'll make those adjustments myself. My seasons take a good while, mainly because I watch every game including the friendlies, but doing those tweaks will make the seasons go through at a less boring rate. Cheers for that bit of info