Holland V Japan Saturday 12.00 ITV

Calum

Reaction score
SCORES AND PREDICTIONS FOR THE GAME TOMORROW IF THE DUTCH WIN THEY QUALIFY FOR THE LAST 16

I THINK IT WILL BE 3-0 HOLLAND

SNIDER (SP) RVP KUYT

MATCH PREVIEW

Japan have never gone beyond the group stage of the World Cup outside their own country, but Monday's historic victory over Cameroon has given the Blue Samurai some much-needed self-belief. Takeshi Okada's team are being hailed as heroes in their homeland following their first-ever World Cup win on foreign soil, and they will go into Saturday's encounter against the Netherlands in confident mood.
Japan's hopes will again rest on the shoulders of Keisuke Honda. The 24-year-old was singled out by coach Okada before the tournament as the Blue Samurai's key man, and proved why with the match-winning goal against Cameroon. Japan have won all five matches in which the CSKA Moscow attacking midfielder has scored, keeping a clean sheet in all of them.
Japan may have contained a poor Cameroon side, but stopping the Dutch is a different matter. Bert van Marwijk's talented team may have been underwhelming in their 2-0 victory over Denmark, but the coach put their display down to nerves and has promised a more fluid performance on Saturday. Van Marwijk will again be without Arjen Robben, who continues his rehabilitation from a hamstring injury, but an eye-catching performance from substitute Eljero Elia suggests the Dutch have a more than able deputy for the Bayern Munich winger.
The only previous meeting between these sides was in September last year, when the Dutch ran out 3-0 winners but were outplayed for an hour by Okada's side. "The first hour of that match Japan were in charge," Wesley Sneijder told reporters this week. "Our coach said that was the only match our opponents really made it difficult for us, so let that be the only one."
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

- These side have only met once before, in September 2009. The Netherlands won 3-0 thanks to goals from Robin van Persie, Wesley Sneijder and Klaas Jan Huntelaar.
Netherlands

- Van Marwijk's side are unbeaten since September 2008 (a 2-1 defeat to Australia in Eindhoven), a run of 20 fixtures.
- The Dutch have a 100% record against Asian opposition at the World Cup: they beat Iran 3-0 in 1978, Saudi Arabia 2-1 in 1994 and South Korea 5-0 in 1998.
Japan

- Monday's 1-0 win over Cameroon was their first ever World Cup victory on foreign soil.
- That victory ended a run of four straight defeats for Okada's men.
- Japan have faced European opposition in their second group game in each of their three previous World Cup finals appearances (losing 1-0 to Croatia in 1998, beating Russia 1-0 in 2002 and drawing 0-0 with Croatia in 2006).

MATCH OFFICIALS

Referee: Hector Baldassi (Argentina)
Assistants: Ricardo Casas and Hernan Maidana (Argentina)
Fourth official: Martin Hansson (Sweden)

Last edited:
another interesting thread off calum_arsenal.

another interesting thread off calum_arsenal.

Actually it's more interesting than the usual match threads saying "score prediction and discussion welcome."

Even though he has obviously made a shitload of useless threads, this one is fine. So get off his back.

Sorry lol :D

I'm as a dane hoping that Holland batter Japan. 3-0 Holland is my prediction.

netherlands.gif
Netherlands 3-1 Japan
Japan-50.gif

Holland 2-0 Japan.

Holland get the job done brilliantly but the Japanese work very hard and they have already struck off Cameroon so will be in good spirits.

Still, Holland will be too much for them.

Holland 4-0 Japan

Elia
Sneijder
Unfortunatley Kuyt
van Bommel

Am I the only one who thinks Kuyt is absolute ****, even though I'm half Dutch I absolutely HATE him. When we versed the Danes he didn't deserve his goal, he did barely anything right all game, doesn't deserve to be in the Dutch team :S

They way they played against Denmark was horrible, but now they have to start playing better. I predict it will be a close match. 1-0 Holland just about make it.

I'm picking this as the upset special. 1-0 to the Blue Samurai. Very unimpressed with the Holland's performance against the Danes. And I have a feeling they'll be looking at this fixture and thinking it'll be a cakewalk. And now with that out of the way the dutch will procced to hammer Japan 8-0

Am I the only one who thinks Kuyt is absolute ****, even though I'm half Dutch I absolutely HATE him. When we versed the Danes he didn't deserve his goal, he did barely anything right all game, doesn't deserve to be in the Dutch team :S

No you're not the only one

I thought this was Holland Vrs Japan? Not lets discuss how **** England are? So far I cannot tell, help me out here ITV?

Van Persie hatrick

Sneijder assists hatrick

=

Fantasy League Goldmine :)

I can see Japan getting something from this. Maybe 1-1.

Whatever the score is I hope its more entertaining than the England game.

Which isn't hard.

You can always count on Nippon to be very disciplined. Abe is doing a good job battling in the midfield. The dutchmen are really struggling to breakdown the D. People say defensive football is anti football but it's 1/2 the game.