Holloway scornful of Adam offer

Little bit harsh, he said it was nothing personal but he was owed the money. If somebody owed me thousands of pounds and they just earned millions I would sue them, no matter who it was. If he cared so much about doubling his wages he would demand a transfer to Birmingham, hardly a huge step up..

Would you want to work for someone that wouldn't pay you the money they knew they owed you until you took them to court?

Glad he didn't take personally because I imagine a lot of players might of.

Personally, I think he will stay til the end of this season and move at some point in the next season.

Last edited:
Not really, roy let himself down by not even attempting to adapt his tactics and ways.
He also had to deal with fans bemoaning his selection from the off with the spectre of Dalglish haunting him.

I thought it was well known that Liverpool fans wanted either Dalglish or a glamour option, and Ollie certainly ain't glamorous.

I hope Blackpool stay in the Prem, just cus of Holloway's great press conferences and media outbursts!

3.5 For Charlie Adams a disgrace? Then hes puts a bid of 30k in for BWP? I dont think the man knows what hes talking about.

Haven't posted in a while but 2.5 is a joke. Bear in mind Blackpool have barely spent any of the 50+mil reportedly they got for TV rights this season (for fears of relegation I think) and made a minor stadium upgrade as the only notable expense. AFAIK the club is reasonably solvent without any massive debts. So IF they stay up they'll be pretty well off financially to pay Adams like a star. As long as they can stay up this year they will be able to pay him - it's just a matter if he wants to stay.

Would you want to work for someone that wouldn't pay you the money they knew they owed you until you took them to court?

Glad he didn't take personally because I imagine a lot of players might of.

Personally, I think he will stay til the end of this season and move at some point in the next season.

With this from what I've read it was a grey area legally. Footballer contracts contain clauses, escalators etc it may not be as clear cut as yes or no hence a legal option needed to be pursued. Note they went to arbitration not to court proceedings. There is a massive difference.

Last edited:
In this current economic climate i doubt any team would pay 7.5 mil for adam even though i rate him as a good playmaker but with him contract up in the summer this is the best deal i believe blackpool will get if i was holloway i would sell now and use the money in the summer

i think he is an great player and would do well at most teams in the EPL.:)
3.5mill is almost laughable!:p
hope he stays for a while longer.:(
but even Holloway admitted if some big club like Man Utd bid a reasonable offer he would have to think about it.

In this current economic climate i doubt any team would pay 7.5 mil for adam even though i rate him as a good playmaker but with him contract up in the summer this is the best deal i believe blackpool will get if i was holloway i would sell now and use the money in the summer

Wait I thought he had 18 months to go ie this season and next. I didn't think it was ending this summer

He also had to deal with fans bemoaning his selection from the off with the spectre of Dalglish haunting him.

I thought it was well known that Liverpool fans wanted either Dalglish or a glamour option, and Ollie certainly ain't glamorous.
not true, they didn't warm to roy, but he did very little to change their minds. they dont want a glamour option, just someone who can take the club forward ie Rangnick, who isnt exactly a glamour option

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

no becuase the money they would get staying up is much more than anything they would get for Adam

Rubbish, the fans wanted to back him when he came in, it was hard to back him with poor result after poor result, playing awful football. Everything was just negative under him, Liverpool are a positive club.

A glamour option? What exactly is that?

Blackpool want BWP? I'm sure Ollie would make this guy 10x better than his bro!

Not one Liverpool fan I have spoken to wants Rijkaard. Rangnick > Rijkaard, by a mile.

Why are you constantly posting on here having a debate about liverpool ? This is about Holloway and Adam not about Liverpool :)

Even though he took a dig at us, I still find him hilarious, Holloway is simply a legend and if more mangers were like him, press conferences would be a lot more interesting.

I totally understand why he is insulted, Adam is a tank, and is worth significantly north of 5 mill.

Although I don't blame Villa and ourselves for bidding for him with his contract situation, and that Blackpool aren't the wealthiest of clubs, so its worth a shot to get such a good player. Although in the middle of Blackpool's most important season in recent history i think it may have been naive to think that they would let go of their biggest asset.

not true, they didn't warm to roy, but he did very little to change their minds. they dont want a glamour option, just someone who can take the club forward ie Rangnick, who isnt exactly a glamour option

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

no becuase the money they would get staying up is much more than anything they would get for Adam

Mike it is a Vaild point but their team surely doesnt revolve around one player does it?

Mike it is a Vaild point but their team surely doesnt revolve around one player does it?

He sort of does mate, Is he not the captain ? Plus controls the middle of the park so it kind of does revolve around him when hes such a big influence, Obviously Ian realises that aswell.

I would really love Villa to get Adam, he is just the sort of creative player we are missing in midfield. And I think he fits the style of play Houllier is trying to implement.