Home Advantage in Final

• Thread starter Thread starter therealone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 3K

therealone

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Does anyone know how the game treats cup finals that are being played in your home stadium?

It's the 2022/23 season and Old Trafford has been chosen as the host of this years CL Final. I'm playing as Man Utd and was wondering if I reached the final what would happen regarding home/away sides? Would it draw it randomly as per or would it automatically allocate me as the home side because it's my home stadium?

Just curious really, I've never come across this before!

Bayern München played at home in the 2012 Champions League Final.

Real Madrid did the same in 1957, and Roma in 1984.

It can happen, since the venue is decided long before it's known who reaches the final. But it will be regarded as a neutral venue, due to the fact that tickets are (or at least should be) allocated evenly between the teams. If you play a normal league game at your home venue, you'll have the vast majority of fans in the stands. This is not the case in a Champions League final.

Also, the "home" team - in this case Manchester United - could be drawn as the away team. That would mean they'd have to use the away team dressing room. If that happens, the only real advantage they have is being used to the pitch itself - and of course the fact that they don't have to travel.

don't think it matters.
tickets are evenly devided.
ofcourse there is a little advantage on knowing the stadium.
but finals give more presure to home sides as well because it's expected of them to play like the home side
most likely a bit more attacking.

I actually beat Man U in that champions league final in my save and beat them pretty easily. For reference my team has lost 5 out of 6 at Old Trafford in league games leading up to that. In other words I'm not sure FM takes the site into account at all.

In real life it makes a huge difference. You'd get the home team supports all over the stadium (Bayern in the CL final for example) On the game I doubt there would be any sort of advantage.

Didn't make a lot of difference when Chelsea went to Munich did it? HAHA

Didn't make a lot of difference when Chelsea went to Munich did it? HAHA

Well Chelsea were absolutely raped mate haha. But I think Chelseas name was already written on that trophy, it was just meant to be!

Don't go butthurt over it mate. You were completely outclassed. Don't make me get the stats out..

Not butthurt though am I? Bayern couldn't take their chances against Chelsea's reserve team...get the stats out, the only one that matters is the result. Home advantage for Bayern didn't matter.

Not butthurt though am I? Bayern couldn't take their chances against Chelsea's reserve team...get the stats out, the only one that matters is the result. Home advantage for Bayern didn't matter.

Are you denying that Bayern weren't clearly the better team? And are you also denying that 70% of the ground was filled with Bayern fans? Compared to your pathetic following?

Are you denying that Bayern weren't clearly the better team? And are you also denying that 70% of the ground was filled with Bayern fans? Compared to your pathetic following?

LOL, who's butthurt now? Chelsea took their chances on the night and won it, and keeping on topic, home advantage in a neutral final had no positive effect for Bayern. Please don't keep crying about it. Please.

LOL, who's butthurt now? Chelsea took their chances on the night and won it, and keeping on topic, home advantage in a neutral final had no positive effect for Bayern. Please don't keep crying about it. Please.

You're delusional if you think having a match at someone's home ground in a final wouldn't be an advantage. Apart from the incredibly obvious factor of fan bias, they will also know the pitch well, won't have to travel far, know the facilities of the stadium, etc etc.

And what the **** is a neutral final? Let's just agree to disagree. Even though I'm clearly right.

I gave you a clear example of where it had no advantage at all, where Bayern couldn't beat Chelsea who had 4+ players suspended.
Not sure if you're retarded or whether you cannot think after all those tears but just accept the fact that you were wrong.

I was saying neutral final as that is what it was, same allocation and Chelsea won it...duh.

I gave you a clear example of where it had no advantage at all, where Bayern couldn't beat Chelsea who had 4+ players suspended.
Not sure if you're retarded or whether you cannot think after all those tears but just accept the fact that you were wrong.

I was saying neutral final as that is what it was, same allocation and Chelsea won it...duh.

Every other Chelsea fan admits they were outplayed and that it was just their destiny to win it. I don't know what tears you're referring to as I don't support Bayern.

You got the same allocation as Bayern fans but if you actually watched the game you'd see that a pathetic 20% or less of the ground were actually blues.

Quote my posts in future otherwise I won't know you've replied to me.

Every other Chelsea fan admits they were outplayed and that it was just their destiny to win it. I don't know what tears you're referring to as I don't support Bayern.

You got the same allocation as Bayern fans but if you actually watched the game you'd see that a pathetic 20% or less of the ground were actually blues.

Someone here is delusional. Bayern had like 60% possession with 34 shots, 21 on target and 10 corners. Chelsea were absolutely destroyed. If not for shocking finishing by Mario Gomez and Robben, as well as great keeping by Cech, Bayern could have won with a cricket score. Chelsea's name was pretty much on the trophy before the match started, with the amunt of luck they had. Playing a final in the home ground is a huge advantage and you would be deluded not to think so. There were many more Bayern fans with their banners, home shirts and players playing on home territory. If someone told you it was a Bayern home semi final, you would take it for granted.

HAHAHAHA Do you even watch football? Anyone who has a brain cell knows that a final is not 50/50 in terms of allocation. In fact most of the seats is made up of neutrals, be it UEFA officials, referees, media etc. so 20% is about right. Here's a link:

Chelsea allocated 17,500 tickets for Champions League final - Goal.com

You may not be a Bayern fan but you certainly seem bitter about Chelsea. "pathetic following" and "pathetic 20%" confirm that you were in fact butthurt and upset that Chelsea defied all odds and won the champions league.

If Chelsea were "outplayed" then they'd have lost about 4-0. They played defensively and were missing key players and Bayern could still only score 1 past them, and according to you, they had a big advantage as they were in their own ground, which then makes your point that "they raped you" invalid as they only scored 1 despite these said advantages. Just because a team creates more chances does not make them the better side, its about scoring and they scored the same amount. There are two sides to the game - attack and defence.

Bayern just didn't turn up on the night. If you think they did then you're wrong as they only drew 1-1. If you agree they didn't you are also wrong as you said they "raped" Chelsea and couldn't make the most of this huge home advantage you thought they had.

Someone here is delusional. Bayern had like 60% possession with 34 shots, 21 on target and 10 corners. Chelsea were absolutely destroyed. If not for shocking finishing by Mario Gomez and Robben, as well as great keeping by Cech, Bayern could have won with a cricket score. Chelsea's name was pretty much on the trophy before the match started, with the amunt of luck they had. Playing a final in the home ground is a huge advantage and you would be deluded not to think so. There were many more Bayern fans with their banners, home shirts and players playing on home territory. If someone told you it was a Bayern home semi final, you would take it for granted.

The only delusional one here is the one that thinks possession and number of shots wins you matches. Believe it or not, Petr Cech, the goalkeeper is part of the team so him playing well does not make Chelsea lucky. Thats like saying Barcelona are lucky that Messi scores 50 goals a season or they'd be relegated.

Playing a final at home, in theory should be a huge advantage, but like I originally said, Chelsea would disagree with that.

Fans with banners now means there are more fans than Chelsea fans and the players play better? No.

For the record, who do you two support?
Firstly, who I support is irrelevant as I wanted an English team, (Chelsea) to win the final despite being and Arsenal fan. Secondly, based on what you've said, the concept of luck doesn't exist because Chelsea won. Luck is when a number of unlikely, but favourable events come your way. Any goalkeeper that concedes 1 goal in 34 shots is lucky because that's almost impossible. 2 clinical fnishers Robben and Gomez, missing so many chances in one match very rarely happens. Lastly, a team very rarely fails to outscore the opposition with 6x more shots. If it's likely that a far superior team like Bayern had these events against there favour then I don't know what luck is.

Back