EthanFM

Reaction score
Hey All,

So this season I have been using one tactic for all of my games and was very successful (Knap's Journeyman 3-4-2-1).

However throughout the season I noticed the games I struggled with were teams that sit very deep, forcing my players to shoot from distance. Second season I have lost two games already (first I only lost 3 all season) and it is with overwhelming stats on my side but losing 1-0 or 2-1.

I was hoping from your own experience whether people had home and away tactics, or tactics they could use when a team set up shop against them?

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Try to play wider and drop the defense lime. I always do this against teams that park the bus.

I will try that!

I have tested a few tactics for away - I have found two tactics that give a 57/57 point home record in a season, yet no tactic that really excels away.

I appreciate away is always more difficult, but interesting the tactics I lose to are 4-2-3-1 and 5-3-2 away, with the odd 4-1-2-3 away. I always have more possession, pass accuracy etc and always dominate shots. I tend to lose by 1 goal and stats would be like 20 shots to 3.

Do you think wide and deep would prevent this, or is it a tactical thing?

Well, by droping the defense line, you invite them in your own half, leaving the opposition vulnerable on the counter, and by playing wider you will create more space which leads to bigger chances.