Home Nations Tournement

Would you like to see a Home Nations tournement?

• Yes, would be great to watch

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • No, would never happen

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Now there has been a lot of banter between the home nations lately (due to Englands inclusion in the world cup) and it got me thinking, with everyone reckoning they're country would beat the other, should there be a home nation tournement. I was possibly think during the pre-seasons where there is no World Cup or Euro Championship, I for one would like to see the five home nations compete against each other (like Rugby's 6 nations)

Not only that, I think it could only improve all the squads, more playing time together as a team, players can be givern their chance on the internation scene etc etc

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
wasn't there one before, but it had to cancelled due to crowd trouble? love to see it back though

there is one organised for january i think but england arent in it because they think there too good, i think it is called the celtic cup after the celts not celtic

there is one organised for january i think but england arent in it because they think there too good, i think it is called the celtic cup after the celts not celtic

I highly doubt England arent taking part because we "think we're too good".

No, dont really want to risk rooney or Fletcher getting injured in a pointless comp :(

No, dont really want to risk rooney or Fletcher getting injured in a pointless comp :(

care to explain how its pointless? these players play in friendlies all year round with there countries so a pre-season international tournement wouldn't hurt them and who is too say they would get picked? managers (expesh england) might see it as an ideal situation to play the young guns for that vital first team experience

Meh, I'm happy with the World Cup and Euros tbh. Even if England were in some sort of minor tournament, I doubt we'd win it. Thats my opinion though, and if the idea did go ahead, I'm sure you wouldn't see big name players against the likes of Scotland or Wales, expect young stars to have a chance, and big guns to be rested.

thought I'd give this a bump!
Would appear the home nations tournament is coming back, and the FA have been in talks with Vauxhall regarding this, as they are set to be England's next sponsor, and are working on deals with Northern Ireland, Scotland and wales. The plan is to bring it back after the Euros.

thought I'd give this a bump!
Would appear the home nations tournament is coming back, and the FA have been in talks with Vauxhall regarding this, as they are set to be England's next sponsor, and are working on deals with Northern Ireland, Scotland and wales. The plan is to bring it back after the Euros.

Nah mate its at wembley after the london 2012 olympics

Really? Just heard on radio was Euros. Oh well. Either way, i'm undecided about it to be honest. Do club players need yet another international tournament?

Nah mate its at wembley after the london 2012 olympics

Saw on SSN that it's more likely that it will be in 2013 not 2012 but 2012 is still a possibility. It will just be a pointless competition anyway with England winning it most of the time.

Would be quite cool to see this back, if we win i can brag over my scottish mates :)

Is it not supposed to be scheduled for 1 game in Feb and the other 2 in May?