Mike.

Staff member
Reaction score
Honduras v Chile12:30 BST

TEAM NEWS (Courtesy of BBC Sport)

Both nations are sweating on the fitness of a striker named Suazo. Honduran David Suazo, of Inter Milan, is struggling to recover in time from a leg muscle injury, while Chile's main goalscorer Humberto Suazo is nursing a left thigh problem.
Neither player was originally expected to feature in this game but both remain hopeful of being involved. If they miss out, Georgie Welcome of Honduras and Chile's Esteban Paredes are the favourites to take their place.
Tottenham midfielder Wilson Palacios should be available for Honduras after overcoming a thigh injury. West Brom's Gonzalo Jara is poised to start in Chile's three-man defence, but midfielder Rodrigo Millar is doubtful with a calf strain.

Honduras squad

• 01 Ricardo Canales
  • 02 Chavez
  • 03 Figueroa
  • 04 Palacios
  • 05 Bernardez
  • 06 Thomas
  • 07 Nunez
  • 08 Palacios
  • 09 Pavon
  • 10 Leon
  • 11 Suazo
  • 12 Georgie

• 13 Espinoza
  • 14 Garcia
  • 15 Martinez
  • 16 Mauricio Sabillon
  • 17 Alvarez
  • 18 Valladares
  • 19 Turcios
  • 20 Guevara
  • 21 Izaguirre
  • 22 Donis Escober
  • 23 Mendoza

Chile squad

• 01 Bravo
  • 02 Fuentes
  • 03 Carrizo
  • 04 Isla
  • 05 Contreras
  • 06 Carmona
  • 07 Sanchez
  • 08 Vidal
  • 09 Suazo
  • 10 Valdivia
  • 11 Gonzalez
  • 12 Pinto

• 13 Estrada
  • 14 Fernandez
  • 15 Beausejour
  • 16 Orellana
  • 17 Medel
  • 18 Jara
  • 19 Fierro
  • 20 Rodrigo Millar
  • 21 Tello
  • 22 Paredes
  • 23 Marin

My View and Prediction

A game to watch to for those who take their football seriously. While Honduras wont offer much out of the ordinary, Chile will line up as one of the most attacking sides in the World Cup. Indeed, those on FM Base who have been complaining about the lack of attacking/goals, should tune into this one, as Bielsa's Chile base their gameplay on pressing defence and commited possession based attack with his traditional and pretty unique 3-3-1-3 (those of you in the know will remember this from formation from his days at argentina). Imo, the player to watch will be Matias Fernandez. Most of us will know his skill from FM, but IRL he combines pace, trickery, creativity and passing into a lethal package, and is definitely an exciting player to watch.

Chile will press hard, spread the ball round and commit a lot of men to the attack. If Chile get into their rhythm, expect a wonderfull display of attacking football, and if Palacious isnt passed fit, Honudras could be made to suffer.

3-0 Chile

Possibly the worst match of the tournament ?

definetly, probably a bore 0-0 draw me thinks :(

I dont think it will be 0-0. I have a feeling this could be entertaining.

This could be good.

3-1 Chile.

They are a good team Chile. They have Vidal, Gonzalez and Sanchez who are all good players. :)

'mon the Hondurans.

Honduras 2 - 0 Chile.

3-1 Chile and a cracking game as well me thinks. Chile will concede on the counter attack but they play some ridiculously attacking play and will score goals

Chile should be one of the most exciting teams this year.
Most teams seem to be playing very similarly this world cup but chile are going a completely different direction. Really hope they win. :).

I'm Chilean, but I'm gonna have to wake up at 7 AM as I live in the U.S. xD!! Hope Chile wins this one.
I would say 2-0 for Chile.

good so far. It could be a long day for Honduras.
Chile look good

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

beausejour. 1-0
cmon chile

Ive went for 2-0 to Chile in the predictions. So far so good.

Sanchez looks lively. Chile have like 7 players in Honduras' half when attacking from the back.

One of the best games of the tournament so far I know thats not saying much but its being played at a great pace im really enjoying it

I have Chile as 1-0 winners in this, for some reason don't think I'm going to be right :(