Zebedee

Reaction score
Heya lads,

didn't get on too well with 11 and I've not touched the Sony forums since they were hacked. Apologies to mods if I've missed a thread on the same subject as I've not searched too far back for a graveyard dig.

Sooo....

Is this one worth getting or have they bolted on some more daft stuff which won't be polished until patch 3 or patch 2 of 2013?

Anything new which makes this must buy for someone who remembers buying the original CM?

Love the series (don't get me wrong), but a bit jaded by paying full whack for a game which I may end up not touching for longer than a few hours if it irritates as much as the lost one did with the agent module spewing nonsense at me every time the screen got opened.

Cheers in advance gentlemen

Well I bought it around 2 weeks after release. Really can't get into it at all, they're going down the more realism route if that is somthing you're interested in.

I can't find interest in it the same way I did FM10 andbefore, moreso FM07. It's a good game, but not one I, personally, have found enjoyment out of(yet).

Heya lads,

didn't get on too well with 11 and I've not touched the Sony forums since they were hacked. Apologies to mods if I've missed a thread on the same subject as I've not searched too far back for a graveyard dig.

Sooo....

Is this one worth getting or have they bolted on some more daft stuff which won't be polished until patch 3 or patch 2 of 2013?

Anything new which makes this must buy for someone who remembers buying the original CM?

Love the series (don't get me wrong), but a bit jaded by paying full whack for a game which I may end up not touching for longer than a few hours if it irritates as much as the lost one did with the agent module spewing nonsense at me every time the screen got opened.

Cheers in advance gentlemen

Well, there are still agents in the game I'm afraid. This time round you can add and remove leagues to or from the game whenever you like, which is a nice bonus. It is a good game, but not that different to FM11. There is updated 'tactical analysis' screens which are quite informative and the team talks are different.

It's not changed that much, the match engine is still very similar. The game is fairly easy this time round so an experienced FM player like yourself (I assume!) should be good at it.

Personally i like it more than 11. Far more polished that 11 was, and its benefitted from being steam only by already having 6 updates. Agents seem less cunty. but still need their overall charges looked at when compared to real figures.

Few post release changes to the ME, ie stopping that long kick that gets headed right back through your entire side, and a few others. Otherwise largely the same ME as 11, however graphics and animation have been immensely improved, so whats happening in the ME is what you see.

Overall much better state than 11.3

But if you are looking at massive ME changes, best off waiting for FM13

Cheers lads. Think I'll hold out for a bit longer then. Wish they'd release just updated player packs and leagues as an option. Would be tempted to pay half price just for that at the moment and get back to 10.

That agent thing, I don't know whether I'll ever come to love it. Might have a whirl on 11 with a bit more whisky inside me and see if that helps some more :)

Why do you not try out the demo through Steam? It's six months, more than enough to decide if it's worth the investment.

Also, I've seen FM advertised for £20 in places like GAME so look out, even though it's not a whole new generation in FM gaming, it's definitely worth £20.

Also, I agree agents are a pain in the balls but now you have the option to lock down certain parts of the contract; i.e Wages, Loyalty Bonus etc. So it's a little bit less painful.

Last edited:
Had usage capped for being a naughty boy so having to be careful with what I download and the shop won't let me take it back if I buy it ;)

Will check out Game though - appreciate the pointer there.

FM-Base are selling it for £20 at the moment ;)

I think it's worth buying if you enjoy the game. I don't have the time I used to but I still enjoy it.

Just buy it go on i know your tempted haha, i'm also not playing it that ofton, until ive blinged it up with player pics, skins, ad boards etc..... Plus seem to have less time to play what with work, kids etc taking up my time these days