xzyzyx

Reaction score
I'm playing at Arsenal and i have a big problem, the defence. I keep scoring goals, but then they draw and sometimes i lose. I have noticed that my midfielder players don't defend or they take too much time to make it, and when my central defenders go to press, he passes the ball and then score -.-. How to make the other players defend too?

This is mainly my first team

h23wfet22ij51bd23w.jpg

The 2 midfielders are advanced playmakers in support role. I wouldn't like to use other midfielders as i want a total attacking team, i just want to know how to make the other midfielders go defend too.

Thanks

You don't need two playmakers. One of the CMs must have defense duty - which can be said for any team IMO. You need a destroyer in midfield to break up attacks before they can fully form. What is the point of trying to go all out attack when you don't have someone winning you the ball? ;)

You said it yourself, You want a total attacking team.

An attacking team will always lack defensively

If you really want to fix the problem, you need to set one of your Cms to be more defensive and drop into a quasi DMC role

As Tharros said, you don't need two playmakers. In fact, you have three if you count Pastore. IMO, that side is too offensive. You need someone who stays back most of the time and helps break up opposition attacks i.e. Song. :)

And you are Arsenal and bought Hazard, Pastore and Montolivo when you should have focused on GK and better defenders. Theres enough attacking quality at Arsenal already with Nasri, Wilshere, Vela and Ramsey in midfield.

no 2 PM's. just one is enough.

what the **** is "Y" ???

Fabregas is more than capable of playing a deep-playmaker role, give that a shot

Ok i will try that but now i got 3 more questions :

1) Instead of using song for example, can't i use montolivo with defensive duty??
2) If i only use fabregas as play-maker, wouldn't i lose the day fabregas is not playing good??
3) Wouldn't i lose attacking potential if i only use 1 play-maker??

Sign a good keeper and you won't loose with that team.

This is ridiculous, far far too attacking. You need at least ONE holding player.

1) Instead of using song for example, can't i use montolivo with defensive duty??
2) If i only use fabregas as play-maker, wouldn't i lose the day fabregas is not playing good??

1) Yes, but he won't be much good.
2) No.
3) Not necessarily, but that's offset by the fact that your defence is horribly exposed anyway.

1) Song has much better defensive stats than Montolivo. Second, Montolivo has some outstanding attacking stats, so you would be wasting him to a certain extent if you played him on a defensive duty.
2) This depends. Fabregas might not play well on a particular day but others like Pastore or Hazard might step up or the team as a whole might do well and Fabregas' poor form will be overlooked.
3) Not at all. If anything, you will become more solid defensively and hence you're chances of winning will be improved IMO.

Wow thanks for quick replies.. ill try using song for a match and then ill decide :p..Now i have other questions regarding other areas, should i ask them in this thread or make a new one??

However, i'm going to ask here to avoid spamming forums.

If i set a player to cross constantly, i lose posession as i don't have tall players in my team, but if i set the same player to cross rarely, he won't cross even if he's at a perfect position to cross.. How can i fix it?? Also how could i make players to cross-pass instead of making a fly cross??

you ned to go on the tactic screen and set the players instructions to drill crosses

Your team can only have one playmaker anyway. By default, it is automatically set to a player who has been given a role of "advanced playmaker" "deep lying playmaker" or "trequartista". You were worried that only having one playmaker will make you lose if Fabregas has a bad day, or lose attacking potential, but technically you are already only using one playmaker and it might not even be Fabregas.

That is the main feature of the playmaker player duty, that it sets him as the teams playmaker... the other difference is that he has a higher creative freedom. There is really no point in having more than one playmaker duty assigned (including trequartista), you could just give the other a central midfield duty and increase his creative freedom if you really want to. But you really have to play Song in your midfield unless you are fine with having a "horrible defense" (your words), and the fact that you can't win the ball back is actually a huge detriment to your offense.

I don't know what to say about crossing because like you said, you don't really have the players.. Try setting Arshavin to have a support role rather than attack. "Attack" duty for a winger encourages very wide play and constant crosses from the byline, it just doesn't make sense if you don't have tall players and excellent crossers in my opinion.

Well, playing song in the midfield wasn't of much help. I played against manchest united away from home and i lost 4/1 including 21 shots but only 5 on target (hilarious how 4 were goal). Anyways the goals were luck (1 long shot by a guy who had 7 long shot attribute, 1 shot from the edge of the area that was totally bullshit, 1 penalty commited by vermaelen and a normal goal by hernandez).. Fabregas had 5.6 calification, and consecuently, my team rarely made danger. Any tips?

set one of your MCs to Box to Box, and tigh tmarking in his instructions

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

and with that squad i would not set a dedicated playmaker either