Horrible performances from Otamendi

Reaction score
Hi Fm Base

I've bought Otamendi in many of my recent games, but I keep getting pretty horrible match performances from him, regardless of the tactics I use. From time to time, he'll end up with a 5.0-5.5 after a game, and an average rating of as low as 6.20. His stats are incredible of course, but he gets outshined by my other CB, Massimo Tagliani, who's stats aren't nearly as good.

I play him as a regular Central defender. Anyone got any ideas whats going on? My back four consists of Kolarov, Otamendi, Tagliani, and Corsino, with Ochoa on goal as Betis.

Help is much appreciated.(H)

I've never bought him in any of my saves before as i don't really trust him XD
The usual suspects i bought are Mathias Jorgensen or Sergiy Kryvtsov (H)

I haven't seen him really " performing bad ". Maybe 2-3 bad games per season but he has always been a vital team-member for me for smaller clubs and main sub for some bigger teams like Inter or somethin'. But I think you should let him on loan somewhere like Everton, Aston Villa etc... then next season I guess he will start to perform well again.

i had him once, i normally dont buy the usuals :) but he was pretty decent for me for about 3 seasons then sold him to Fiorentina, i would suggest using him as a limted defender - stopper or defend

I re-trained him as RB and he was pretty good at there. He does not attack obviously but the kills the wingers :D Also his heading is low i think for DC and he does not get any headings which causes lots of goals.

if you playing with a stopper, you need a quick covering defender, the best for this is Yobo and Geromel :)
i.e: Cb - Covering

He's been gash for me for half a year due to being unhappy and wanting to leave. Little did he know that contract was for 5 years...

Thanks for the replies :)

Gokhancelis, how do you play Buonanotte? I've got him aswell, but playing him on the wing in a 4-2-2-2 kind of tactic and thinking of going to a tactic with an emphasis on an AMC, but i don't know which.

I signed him for Napoli once and he produced an average rating of 6.1 in 28 league games and got 2nd worst signing of the season. But i always still sign him.

otamendi tends to be **** for me in the 1st season whenever i sign him with english clubs. but then again, he doesnt speak english and thus needs to learn english to improve communication with his teammates. in the 2nd season, he improved a great deal and started putting in more consistent performances.

give him time and dont condemn him just after 1 season (H)

Hi Fm Base

I've bought Otamendi in many of my recent games, but I keep getting pretty horrible match performances from him, regardless of the tactics I use. From time to time, he'll end up with a 5.0-5.5 after a game, and an average rating of as low as 6.20. His stats are incredible of course, but he gets outshined by my other CB, Massimo Tagliani, who's stats aren't nearly as good.

I play him as a regular Central defender. Anyone got any ideas whats going on? My back four consists of Kolarov, Otamendi, Tagliani, and Corsino, with Ochoa on goal as Betis.

Help is much appreciated.(H)

Otamendi's jumping is horrible and so is his heading, he's probably losing most of his headers and as a result isn't playing well, try playing him tactically on the side of a smaller striker who is rubbish in the air.

otamendi tends to be **** for me in the 1st season whenever i sign him with english clubs. but then again, he doesnt speak english and thus needs to learn english to improve communication with his teammates. in the 2nd season, he improved a great deal and started putting in more consistent performances.

give him time and dont condemn him just after 1 season (H)

I've had this happen with a few of my defenders, and I agree it sounds as though he's just not entirely settled in your team. Once he settles down his performances should start to pick up.

It's his lack of height which has stopped me from buying him. Kryvtsov shall do for me :)

i dont rate him all that highly, i bought him for my villa team and he let me down considerably, same results as you pretty much

I have him in my Arsenal team and he is doing fantastic.He has kept Vermaelen out of the starting XI.Just one problem is that he is yellow card prone.LOL

I buy him in everygame where possibly...I have sometimes found a lil bit rubbish in the first season, but his stats do improve, and he' becomes a beast...this is him in his arsenal game...note how his value has increased incredibly, and his beastly physical attributes...have a little faith in him, and he'll live up to his huge reputation that he has in the FM world

Put him as a Limited defender

and I dunno if its just me, but I don't think he's as consistant in the 10.3 patch:P

Back