Horrible performances from Otamendi

I pair him with Shawcross. I stopped playing the stoper/cover system but now switched to Man/Zonal Marking. Where the one with better stats for positioning, marking, anticipation is the man marker. This is in the beginning of the game Shawcross, later on Otamendi.

I trained both PPM Mark Tightly and also check "tight marking" for both of them. I also suggest to PPM Otamendi to a simple passing game and reduce creativity levels close to zero. This works much better than a limited defender role

For me they do an amazing job. Shawcross keeps the air clean and Otamendi destroys everything on the ground.

Both are young and can be bought quite cheap and then become an awesome CB duo as time passes

Last edited:
i dont rate him tbh m8, signed him with my aston villa team and his ratings per game were Poor and he kept getting sent off lol

I bought him for 6M, he played like a constipated donkey and then i sold him in january for 9M.

Plays best as a Ball playing defender. Put him up for corners he got a hat trick in the europa league final which i won 4-0. Otamendi turns out quality just goes through a bad phase early in his career

One thing I can add about Otamendi is that he usually takes pretty well to harsher talks. If he has any level of inconsistency you have to get on him in the media, but he's usually good about playing better after doing so. And personally, I only let guys have one 5.x rating before I start warning them about poor performance, but that goes for everyone.

And definitely don't expect him to be massive in the first season, he always takes time and learns languages slowly.

I buy him in everygame where possibly...I have sometimes found a lil bit rubbish in the first season, but his stats do improve, and he' becomes a beast...this is him in his arsenal game...note how his value has increased incredibly, and his beastly physical attributes...have a little faith in him, and he'll live up to his huge reputation that he has in the FM world

What roles and duties that you give to him and any PPM's for him?

I brought him in Man city three years ago....but he didn't play great....so i buy a new defender who is Zapata to replace him...

He was a poor central defender for me. I was going to sell him after 2 seasons and sub standard performances but then ended up training him at the right back slot. He's now a £19 million rated right back.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When you buy a player you should always play a few friendly matches with him in first team(best 5-6) it will be easier for him to adapt to the team. I bought him in Hajduk Split after one season in-game without Otamendi and he started playing with average rating of about 7 after few friendly matches(and if you are complaining about languages get over croatian language is more difficult to learn than english and I know that cause I have been learning croatian and english since I got into school(8 years) simuntaniously.

He's really quite short as a central defender, and his poor technique cause him mistake-prone too...

so, never bring him on when your opponents are using towering forwards. However, he's just awesome when facing short FWs, When u are facing world-class forwards like villa, rooney & aguero, ask otamendi to mark them tightly and they will get bored =]

Back