Horror/Survival Horror Games!

Lol, Resident Evil 5 is ****, I played for 5 minute and got bored of the zombies which weren't even scary at all.

They weren't even zombies, they were angry Africans :S

Silent Hill/Doom/Resident Evil were all great, I for one found F.E.A.R quite scary because I hate little girl ghost things :'(

Dead Space :wub: Kris is absolutely fantastic, also Dead Space 2 is due out soon and the demo is available on xbox live i believe. Id definitely get the first Dead Space though, very atmospheric and scary, you can pick it up for peanuts now too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QO7J9KRqM"]YouTube - Dead Space Preview Trailer (Xbox 360, PS3)[/ame]

Last edited:
Fort Zombie

I thought this could have been a great game, the idea is brilliant an FPS/RPG where you lead a group of survivors in defence of a position and have to go out to find supplies/ammo ect.

http://www.fortzombie.com/

I couldnt however play it, I dont have the best computer, but its by no means the worst, but it couldnt play this game at all, even at the poorest graphical quality (looks well worst than GTA3) it lagged all over the place. shame really, it could have been a nifty little games.

After watching "the Walking Dead" I was let down.

I would love to see a survival horror without weapons, where you have to hide and sneak around to avoid danger. It needs to be dark, creepy and slow paced. Using your head in a panic situation would be much better and would add much more panic than ploughing down 1000 zombies that are racing at you.

Penumbra: Overture

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4q3vnPUUqw"]YouTube - Penumbra Overture (Review)[/ame]

There's also things like Fatal Frame on the PS2 where you had a camera instead of a weapon.

I think more survival horror games should forego using weapons all together. The basic things I need for a horror game is a sense of isolation, feeling a bit helpless and a creepy atmosphere. Give me a game where more like the newest Silent Hill on Wii with just a torch where there is no other human contact and that's gonna lead to some scares. Or what about the complete opposite and a horror version of Fallout 3? That game was creepy enough at time (Dunwich building!) and could make a pretty good horror game.

I agree with your points though, and I agree with Alan Wake and the Ravenholm section of HL2 being good examples of horror.

As for some of the others mentioned, Dead Space is scary for the first few hours until you get used to the creatures and the fact that vents=monster and then it becomes a bit more mundane, still a good game though.

[

There's also things like Fatal Frame on the PS2 where you had a camera instead of a weapon.[/QUOTE]

Odd, I had posted about that in this thread oO) :S, Must not of saved it...:$

Anyway, I never played it but hear its a really good game and pretty creepy, horrors are not really my thing

I may have to get Amnesia!

Was looking through steam's cheap games and man oh man, I may have to buy a couple.

As for some of the others mentioned, Dead Space is scary for the first few hours until you get used to the creatures and the fact that vents=monster and then it becomes a bit more mundane, still a good game though.

I have to agree, picked up the game at the end of last week for a cool £7. Few moments that have made me jump but it's not really what I would class as scary. The fact that you can collect credits and spend them in a shop, as well as upgrade weapons, kind of ruins it for me.

The only other problem I have is how the level's start and end the same way, it's very repetative. 'oh this has broke' 'ohh ohh now this is down and that is broke' I really want to slap this lass.