Hot Fuzz

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
hot_fuzz_ver2.jpg

Saw it last night at the Cinema and have to say it's great, now i know i recommended POH which some didn't like but if you liked SOTD at all then go see this.

The storyline isn't as good as Shaun of the Dead i don't think but it is funnier imo.

The fence hopping gag is also funnier in HF.

Plot:

Nicholas Angel is the finest cop London has to offer, with an arrest record 400% higher than any other officer on the force. He's so good, he makes everyone else look bad. As a result, Angel's superiors send him to a place where his talents won't be quite so embarrassing - the sleepy and seemingly crime-free village of Sandford. Once there, he is partnered with the well-meaning but overeager police officer Danny Butterman. The son of amiable Police Chief Frank Butterman, Danny is a huge action movie fan and believes his new big-city partner might just be a real-life "bad boy," and his chance to experience the life of gunfights and car chases he so longs for. Angel is quick to dismiss this as childish fantasy and Danny's puppy-like enthusiasm only adds to Angel's growing frustration. However, as a series of grisly accidents rocks the village, Angel is convinced that Sandford is not what it seems and as the intrigue deepens, Danny's dreams of explosive, high-octane, car-chasing, gunfighting, all-out action seem more and more like a reality. It's time for these small-town cops to break out some big-city justice.

8.5/10 for me, i think i gave Shaun a 9. O and i didn't realise that Steve Merchant was in it - only for two scenes but they were funny :D

Go see it, don't download it, go see it :)

yer im seeing it on saturday, i have been waiting for this for ages, i think it is even better to watch if u have seen shaun of the dead

:eek: you didnt knwo Smerch is in it, hes in the trailer n everything.

Think im going to see it on Sunday, SOTD is one of my fav films and I loved Spaced

Last edited:
I think that this is the first film to come out for ages that I've really fancied seeing. I really enjoyed Shaun of the Dead, so I have high hopes for it!

From what u say Redders is sounds really good :)

Hope to see it asap

it doesnt seeem like there is anyone who hates SOTD, obviousy best movie ever:D

i dunno, i didnt really like it that much

SOTD is very average. Have no idea why everyone likes it so much. There are very little jokes that are genuinly funny but there are far too many jokes that are just ****. Simon Pegg thinks hes a comedy genius when he clearly isnt.

its a good movie

i wouldnt say its a great movie , i have seen it a lot of times so it may just have become old for me

Jus back from seeing it, it was alright, but was no where near as good as SOTD, Bill Bailey Pwnz

7/10

SOTD is very average. Have no idea why everyone likes it so much. There are very little jokes that are genuinly funny but there are far too many jokes that are just ****. Simon Pegg thinks hes a comedy genius when he clearly isnt.

:yikes:

saw hot fuzz, thought it was relly good although was a bit boring at the start

If anything i thought it dragged on, rather than boring at the start. 2 hours was too long for a film of it's nature.

yeah i thought that too, but good have been the fact i needed the toilet since the hour point in the film lol, shouldnt have had that large coke lol

saw it tonight

was a little disappointed if anything

although a decent movie and i still would reccomend you go see it but it wasnt as good as i thought after all the reviews

probs 6 or7 out of ten for me - id seen most of the funny bits before i got there

My mate said it was REALLLLLY FUNNNY but accourding to you lot its not as good as he makes out.....I am gonna wait for it to come out on DVD :D

Everyone seems to be saying this is ****, ive only spoke to 2 people who liked it the other 10 or sumat thought it sucked.

It wasn't brilliant, but then it wouldn't be...I liked it, had some funny bits in it