Scotty98TR

Reaction score
View attachment 454202
I have a budget of ?55m and ?200k a week to spend (After just selling Cazorla and Walcott for ?20 and ?30m)

Ideally I would of liked to of bought a world-class forward, but everyone wants stupid prices (Got upto ?50m for Tevez, ?60m for Rooney, ?70m for Suarez, etc. etc.). Since I think the striker position is my only real weakness, I don't know who to go for.

And please, no youngsters or wonderkids. I want players that can make a difference NOW. :)

You could try Jackson Martinez. He's almost 28 in your save now though, but you'll get a good three or four years out of him and he'd make an immediate impact.

I'd also keep and eye out for the likes of Lamela and El Shaarawy. They'll probably cost too much if you bid first, but if an AI team bids it'll be a ridiculously low offer that gets accepted (so annoying) and you can just match the bid. Lamela went to Real for 25m in my save (second summer).

I'd also keep and eye out for the likes of Lamela and El Shaarawy. They'll probably cost too much if you bid first, but if an AI team bids it'll be a ridiculously low offer that gets accepted (so annoying) and you can just match the bid. Lamela went to Real for 25m in my save (second summer).

I got impatient and ended up buying El Shaarawy last night anyway :) Got him for only a tiny bit more than I sold Walcott for (?31m), so very pleased with that! Still got ?8m to spend on staff and compensation fee's for regens :D (Something which I couldn't do in my first season)

I got impatient and ended up buying El Shaarawy last night anyway :) Got him for only a tiny bit more than I sold Walcott for (?31m), so very pleased with that! Still got ?8m to spend on staff and compensation fee's for regens :D (Something which I couldn't do in my first season)

Will you play him up top then? Or as an IF?

Is this Arsenal or did you just sell everyone ha. How did you afford all those players?? Any pic of your Transfer History??
Good team none the less

you should be looking to get a better striker! Not rooney luis suarez or tevez but falcao hes a monster & reus wouldn't enter talks with me even though I won the champs lge 2times I a row :mad: and in my 2nd year I won everything but the fa cup

That is exactly my thinking, but strikers seem to be ridiculously overpriced by their clubs on this game. As I said in the OP, I offered ?50m for Tevez, ?60m for Rooney, ?70m for Suarez, etc but they all kept rejecting my offers. I agreed a deal for Falcao for ?50m, but he wanted ?300k+ a week :/

At the moment I am putting my faith in my current strikers until this guy is eligible for a move (Have to wait until he's 18. Already agreed a ?10m deal for him):

View attachment 452989

Mainly as an IF, although when I need more width he will play an an AMC. He'll play as a striker when I play 2 forwards though :)

He's a monster, 68 league goals in his last 80 apps for Milan in my save.

Only problem with that regen is no pace so I would expect him to run at his man and beat him for pace which may hold him back even if you put him in quickness training!!

Only problem with that regen is no pace so I would expect him to run at his man and beat him for pace which may hold him back even if you put him in quickness training!!

That was my thinking. 5 things let him down:
Anticipation
Concentration
Decisions
Quickness
Speed

Luckily they are all covered by the poacher training schedule, and the mental and physical attributes will increase with age anyway. He's only be 18 when I sign him, so I'd hope by the time he is 21 he will be ready to be a first team regular. :)

I'm surprised Werner hasn't solved your striking department. However, I think you need a RB. Probably one for the future and but can cover Sagna. I would recommend Peruzzi personally, but other options could be Nyom, Clyne or De Sciglio.

For striker, I would probably try persevere with Werner myself til a regen comes (that Turkish one looks solid for the future); but you could enquire about Berardi as he can double up as an AMR-IF as well. Very good player but sometimes costly, depending on current club. (SLB extorted 22m from me, but he's been worth every penny even at 21). For instantaneous profit, try see if Eto'o will join on a free. He never re signs for Chelsea and he might be clubless. He is a supreme poacher for the first two years of a save.

Striker problem solved in 3...2...1
Carlos Fierro! Absolute machine, was top scorer in the league for my Everton side (Finished 3rd) and was very cheap.
View attachment 424221View attachment 424224
Been scouting him since I started the save, but he doesn't look good enough yet, and long term I have Werner and that regen.

I'm surprised Werner hasn't solved your striking department. However, I think you need a RB. Probably one for the future and but can cover Sagna. I would recommend Peruzzi personally, but other options could be Nyom, Clyne or De Sciglio.

For striker, I would probably try persevere with Werner myself til a regen comes (that Turkish one looks solid for the future); but you could enquire about Berardi as he can double up as an AMR-IF as well. Very good player but sometimes costly, depending on current club. (SLB extorted 22m from me, but he's been worth every penny even at 21). For instantaneous profit, try see if Eto'o will join on a free. He never re signs for Chelsea and he might be clubless. He is a supreme poacher for the first two years of a save.

I'm not wanting to rush Werner into the team. I've given the odd run out but he hasn't impressed so far. Eto'o did re-signed for Chelsea on mine :p
I can't find Berardi, do you know what his first name is? :)

Has Giroud been sold, is he not doing the business?
I have him in my first save and I am in January. He is top scorer with 15 goals and scores regularly in other comps. Playing Ozil in an Att. Mid role as a trequartista has turned my side into a free scoring machine. The only problem I can see with my side is the age of Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta, Mertesacker and Flamini but I will look into some of the signings you made as before I taught they were out of reach.

For a striker.. Christian Benteke is awesome as a TM, that is, if he hasn't already moved.. Ballotelli is brilliant too.. Just unsettle him, and he'll eventually submit a transfer request, enabling you to get him for free.. Also, by default, Lorenzo Insigne is a lot better than El Shaarawy, although El Shaarawy overtakes him after 4-5 seasons..
And yes, Werner is solid.. Just give him enough games, and he'll be brilliant. Also, did you try Alexander Mitrovic?

Has Giroud been sold, is he not doing the business?
I have him in my first save and I am in January. He is top scorer with 15 goals and scores regularly in other comps. Playing Ozil in an Att. Mid role as a trequartista has turned my side into a free scoring machine. The only problem I can see with my side is the age of Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta, Mertesacker and Flamini but I will look into some of the signings you made as before I taught they were out of reach.
Giroud hasn't been sold, but he didn't perform for me 1st season so has been a backup until I sell him. My aim was to get rid of the older players - of the 6 you mentioned only 3 remain, I planed on selling Mertesacker but Koscielny offer was too good to turn down, and I plan on selling Giroud and Arteta.

For a striker.. Christian Benteke is awesome as a TM, that is, if he hasn't already moved.. Ballotelli is brilliant too.. Just unsettle him, and he'll eventually submit a transfer request, enabling you to get him for free.. Also, by default, Lorenzo Insigne is a lot better than El Shaarawy, although El Shaarawy overtakes him after 4-5 seasons..
And yes, Werner is solid.. Just give him enough games, and he'll be brilliant. Also, did you try Alexander Mitrovic?
Tried to get Benteke earlier on in the season, but he went to Monaco (rejecting me and Barca).
Doubt I'd be able to get Mario for free even if he was unsettled?! I'll look into him though, but he seems very expensive.
Insigne doesn't look great to be honest, awful mental stats. People keep mentioning Mitrovic but he doesnt look great on my game. Gonna scout him again though :)