How are you arranging friendly tournaments?

transferking

Reaction score
Just finished 1st season with AFC Wimbledon - 103 points, goal difference 100-32, 16 points ahead of next team.

Balance ATM 286K, wanted to increase it. Have read in this and other forums that it's possible to arrange pre-season friendly tournaments even with Premier League clubs. Someone with experience please tell me how do you do that? How do you select who to invite, when exactly to arrange it etc?

Please put as much input about it as possible.

Invite 3 big teams to a friendly league, depending on what your clubs reputation is will depend on who you can invite. For your level I'd say invite some foreign teams, Russian maybe Portugese or something like that. So say you've invited these 3 teams:

Boavista
Dinamo Moscow
Arsenal

Offer the top 2 the full amount of money, you can and offer Arsenal nothing, the top 2 should accept but Arsenal will reject, offer that last slot to your under 18s, notice that the fee has reverted to £0 for all clubs, don't worry about that, press accept. Then all teams will accept, earning you between £90k-£500k per tournament, depending on how big your stadium is, who you invite and TV rights.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh also a little hint, if you arrange the friendly's at the end of the season but before the start of the new one (between end of May and 20th of June) then you can get some big Premiership/Championship sides to play.

Also, if teams reject, then stay persistent! Some people consider this to be cheating.. So it's up to you if you use this method.

Last edited:
theres already a thread if my own about this kinda thing mate, its a good help :)