How can I develop this regen? (BWM but Determination has dropped?)

Dazu

Reaction score
If you plan on using him as a BWM i'd train him on the attributes that are on the low side, like marking, positioning or quickness.

Personally, I don't loan them out until they're at least 18 and, even then, i'll only do so if they're going to be used as a key player at a club with good training facilities.

As for the drop in determination, is he currently being tutored? If so, it's possible his determination will drop to match that of the player tutoring him, as well as picking up PPM which might not suit his role of BWM.

If you plan on using him as a BWM i'd train him on the attributes that are on the low side, like marking, positioning or quickness.

Personally, I don't loan them out until they're at least 18 and, even then, i'll only do so if they're going to be used as a key player at a club with good training facilities.

As for the drop in determination, is he currently being tutored? If so, it's possible his determination will drop to match that of the player tutoring him, as well as picking up PPM which might not suit his role of BWM.

I have him training on his markign right now, I haven't attempted to loan him out since he's still young anyway and I don't think it'd be wise to do that because Derby have a great academy.

Thanks for that, I had Bradley Johnson tutoring him with a measly 13 determination so I hope I haven't ruined my regen..

https://gyazo.com/a945d0a5b8a5e536bc77a95661ba4c92
https://gyazo.com/5c5716c3158a4190d65c310394f2cccc

It's pretty funny because I now have two players named Will Hughes who will most likely be the future central midfield within my team. Am I doing something wrong with him? His determination dropped down 1 point and I'm not sure why. It's a shame he's so injury prone as my coaches believe him to be a very consistent player,

it's possible his determination will drop to match that of the player tutoring him

o.png

I have him training on his markign right now, I haven't attempted to loan him out since he's still young anyway and I don't think it'd be wise to do that because Derby have a great academy.

Thanks for that, I had Bradley Johnson tutoring him with a measly 13 determination so I hope I haven't ruined my regen..

What personality does Bradley Johnson have?

Fairly Ambitious, I suppose it wouldn't have been a good match as Hughes is Determined

Ambition has some effect in player development, determination doesn't. That's not to say determination is something to ignore, as it can be a massive help in in-match situations. But if you really want to increase the chances of a young prospect reaching his potential, you need to look for professionalism. Try to find a tutor who is Professional, or at least Fairly Professional (or Resolute). More details can be found here: Ajax - When Real Life Meets Football Manager - FM14

You can try to tutor him again using a player with better determination. I already did this back in FM15, it should work in FM16, too.

Cancel the tutoring, that's an awful match. Up his physicals firstly till aged 18 then focus on his technicals till 22 then focus on his mentals from 22-24 at 24 he won't improve much so I would suggest finishing touches by then. Try to give him as much game time as possible have him in the first team but set to U21/U18 games.