Reaction score
Playing Football Manager on regular mode. I am in the year 2022, so I should be able to generate a son? Is it just a patience game or what's the story

One in 10.000 chance that a newgen coming into your club through youth intake will be your son. So it's highly unlikely. Even reloading the game, from the day before the intake, over and over again, it would take ages to get a son.

One time I did it manually, by having the in-game editor enabled. Changed his name, and put me as favored personel due to "father". So it can be done.

No sorry i meant generating one. Like I heard something like it can only be done on FMC mode

WTF? I can have my son on my youth academy? Bah, he would probably be 0,5 star potential anyways...

I'm sure to do this you have to have a player at your club for at least 10 seasons who then retires.

Alternatively you could pay for the unlock on steam and then activate it if you can't wait or a player to retire ;)

From the handheld version i know you need to have a player that you bought play a minimum of one match for 10 consecutive seasons and retire at the same club, not sure if that's the case with the PC version. I just used an ingame editor to fast track it by creating a son by editing a random player (PC).

Last edited: