How can I get retired players back as staff?

piratesswoop

Reaction score
I'm playing as Real Madrid right now, just about to start my third season. I've been waiting for the past two season for Raul and van Nistelrooy to retire so that I could hire them as coaches. Both of them had on their personal info pages that they were looking to go into coaching/management/whatever after they retired, but at the end of the 2011/2012 season, when they retired, their names became unselectable and I can no longer search for them. Using FMRTE, they don't appear any longer in the database.

Is there a way to fix this and bring them back so I can hire them? Guti also retired with them, but he is still available to hire as a staff member (which I would do, but I don't wanna fire my current asst. manager)

When it comes to that, to guarentee they come back, I had a private chat with them, recommended them for the selected staff role. The agent they had got sacked. Then after (though cant exactly remember when), offered a contract as player/coach, then coach

No, FM delete them from the base to make some place for upcoming regens ;)

I'm also pretty sure that a while ago aswell, somebody found a way to get Beckham in as coach, after he said he wouldn't stay in football. Or it could've been FM 10. Either that one or 11 though

When it comes to that, to guarentee they come back, I had a private chat with them, recommended them for the selected staff role. The agent they had got sacked. Then after (though cant exactly remember when), offered a contract as player/coach, then coach

This is what I did for some of the ones on my team, but Ruud & Raul were both with Hamburg and Schalke, wouldn't accept any contract offers that last year, so I couldn't have private conversations with them.

Just keep telling them they would make a good coach, after they reach 30 they will get Staff Attributes. But the players that dont want to be a coach, you just got to keep telling them and hope for the best

This is what I did for some of the ones on my team, but Ruud & Raul were both with Hamburg and Schalke, wouldn't accept any contract offers that last year, so I couldn't have private conversations with them.

That is exactly what I wanted to tell. I have no problem to get managers/coaches/scouts from my veteran players, telling them they would be excellent whatever staff members. I can imagine the problem could appear when they are in non-human controlled team. Even though they have personal feeling about future management job, if the non-human team manager does not tell them what you would do, they will just retire and become "unselectable".

If they say there retiring at the end of the season and are staying on as coaches or any other staff mid way through the season offer them a new contract

Raul do not say that he wants to stay in the game, he only say that he retires, Ruud wants to be a coach, Guti a scout, Beckham retires. So there are planty more good coaches than they..