How can i improve my Man City team?

carter555

Reaction score
Im in my second season now and just won my first game of the season against chelsea 0-1 away.

Here is my team

Given,
Rafinha, Toure, Lescott, Bridge
Barry Pjanic
Vanpersie, Robinho
Tevez, Torres

Subs. Adebayor, Moses, Ireland, Kompany, Onouha, Richards, Santacruz

I finished second in my first season 1 point behind chelsea and did poorly in the cups

I think i need 2 improve my defence more but who should i buy?????

Are you serious?

If you are.. Sell Santa Cruz, Bridge, Adebayor/Moses.

Buy Clichy or Ashley Cole.

vargas, bale, bruno alves, diego lugano, holger badstuber, daniel schwaab, phillip lahm, naldo, per mertesacker

your midfield is pretty average too:

raul mereiles, sulley muntari, tiberio guarente, vidal, rolfes, sandro, cattermole, kroos, lars bender, defour, fellaini, de rossi, hamsik,

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

as well as your Gk:

adler, ochoa, ustari, mandanda, lloris, akinfeev, handanovic, benaglio, stekelenburg, reina, vilar, gomes, felipe,

annoying when youre man city as well as the top players cost more cos they know you are rich, i swear. messi wants to come to me in 3rd season but barca wont let him go for less than 141 million...hes good and all but im not paying that lol
my 'main' eleven at man city -

adler, srna, barry, mexes, toure, gourcuff, david silva, james rodriguez, rodwell, tevez, adebayor.

they've won me everything so far. got muniain, lukaku, verratti, richards, ireland and a few others too that play a bit also.
some of those guys might help you, rodriguez is great on my game.

Last edited:
vargas, bale, bruno alves, diego lugano, holger badstuber, daniel schwaab, phillip lahm, naldo, per mertesacker

raul mereiles, sulley muntari, tiberio guarente, vidal, rolfes, sandro, cattermole, kroos, lars bender, defour, fellaini, de rossi, hamsik,

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

as well as your Gk:

adler, ochoa, ustari, mandanda, lloris, akinfeev, handanovic, benaglio, stekelenburg, reina, vilar, gomes, felipe,

I'd take his advice.

How can you not have an imagination with so much money?!?!?!?:S

Last edited:
messi isnt worth it tbh
Looking at your team you can get better players in all positions
i build bye bying one in front 1 in mid 1in CD and one top gk
If money is a prob but your mancity so you shouldnt have

buy alexis sanchez... play him as a winger. For me he had around 15-20 goals and 20 assists per season. and he's available much cheaper than messi. I'd also drop rafinha and play richards as right back with wing back role, and getting forward a lot. He becomes amazing and has an average rating of around 7.5 for me over the last 2.5 seasons. Get Villa up front with torres. He's better than tevez imo. Fabregas is a quality cm too. Akinfeev in net... a must buy imo.zapata, felipe, sakho are all brilliant cb's. Sell adebayor while you can. And maybe look at offloading robinho and some other players who are not inn the first team as you will make more money now and can spend it on good youth players.
if you still dont have enough money after selling some deadwood, buy players over 48 months.... you can afford it. The chairman will alwys give you around 90-110 million to spend every year anyway.

Last edited:
My brother paid £98M for Ashley Cole, so you can buy him ;)

sell Pjanic and buy Gourcuff.. similar players.. just much prefer Gourcuff

id also punt Vagner Love if you spent all your cash on Torres, you can bag him for around 10 million and he supplies regularly with 30 goals if played correctly.

sell Pjanic and buy Gourcuff.. similar players.. just much prefer Gourcuff

id also punt Vagner Love if you spent all your cash on Torres, you can bag him for around 10 million and he supplies regularly with 30 goals if played correctly.

brilliant advice, i have him in my MK Dons save and he loves to bang them in

That back line is asking for trouble, get otamendi and mertesacker as centre halfs for starters

keeper - akinfeev

dc - fazio
dc - zapata
lb - felipe( deportivo)

simples!!

You added Cattermole as a quality midfielder. is that in 10.3 or original game also? I bought Veloso in my game and in 3rd season, cattermole hasn't been all that superb

Jerome Boateng from Hamburg?? DC....aparently he is being lined up by Mancini....not sure how much he will cost of FM, but as others have said, your Man City so cost shouldn't be a problem.

Also Simon Kjaer?? from Palermo, hes a top class young defender as well.

Why would anyone buy Ashley Cole for £98M anyway, yeah hes good, but surely there are cheaper and younger options out there!.....