danikel

Reaction score
my tactic:

View attachment 292747

its a possesion tactic and I indeed have a lot of possesion but not enough chances and my defence is poor as well.. how can I improve my tactic to control in their half of the field and not mine so they wont be able to get to enough chances to score.. please help!

Last edited:
my tactic:

View attachment 292747

its a possesion tactic and I indeed have a lot of possesion but not enough chances and my defence is poor as well.. how can I improve my tactic to control in their half of the field and not mine so they wont be able to get to enough chances to score.. please help!

Before I and others Will help you, would you be so kind Of telling us if you have made any more tweaks to the settings than the ones visible in the team settings.

Cheers

You might need to give a few more months for them to get accustomed to this short-style game.

But most obvious to me, and a trap I think a lot of new players (me included) fall into is being too obsessed with the short-passing style. From looking at your tactics, I think all your players are passing WAY too short, especially your playmakers. You're playmakers can't really make anything when you're instructing them only to make 2 cm passes!

So what happens when you play this style is yes, you get a lot of possession but not much from it. Especially against a defensively sound and disciplined team. Your team is tiki-taking is everywhere but when they can only make short passes often times these short passes will simply by sideway passes or when they try to get it slowly forward, gets cut out or tackled out and then you have to short again.

In short: Make your passing longer.

Also when you got the "time-wasting" to sometimes, your players be on the ball longer, which probably isn't helping either.

Last edited:
You might need to give a few more months for them to get accustomed to this short-style game.

But most obvious to me, and a trap I think a lot of new players (me included) fall into is being too obsessed with the short-passing style. From looking at your tactics, I think all your players are passing WAY too short, especially your playmakers. You're playmakers can't really make anything when you're instructing them only to make 2 cm passes!

So what happens when you play this style is yes, you get a lot of possession but not much from it. Especially against a defensively sound and disciplined team. Your team is tiki-taking is everywhere but when they can only make short passes often times these short passes will simply by sideway passes or when they try to get it slowly forward, gets cut out or tackled out and then you have to short again.

In short: Make your passing longer.

thanks! I changed my amc role to trequaratista and i won 7-1 against norwich but they still had a lot of shots (10) I had 20.. what should I do about the defence?

well... firstly where are the shots coming from and how many were on target?

If they had 10 shots and all where on target then I would worry. Also if they're coming from inside the penalty box then I would worry.

If their shots are coming from outside the penalty box and not on target (they usually go hand in hand). Personally I don't concede many but that's many due to be controlling the game and not letting them get too much of the ball.

well... firstly where are the shots coming from and how many were on target?

If they had 10 shots and all where on target then I would worry. Also if they're coming from inside the penalty box then I would worry.

If their shots are coming from outside the penalty box and not on target (they usually go hand in hand). Personally I don't concede many but that's many due to be controlling the game and not letting them get too much of the ball.

3 of them were inside the box and the rest were coming from outside the box... 2 of their shots were on target..
and I just won anji 2-1 but they had 24 shots and 54 % of possesion and I had 5 shots and 46% possesion.. that was an away game.. what should I do to avoid the enemy dominating the game>

Yeah, if 2/10 shots were on target I wouldn't worry too much about it.

like all other formations, there are some formations that the 4-3-2-1 is not good against. What sort of formation were they using?

It would simply have been the fact that you were playing away from home but a 24 to 5 shot ratio is worrying.

I have found (from practical experience) the 4-3-1-2 is something that the 4-3-2-1 copes poorly with.

Yeah, if 2/10 shots were on target I wouldn't worry too much about it.

like all other formations, there are some formations that the 4-3-2-1 is not good against. What sort of formation were they using?

It would simply have been the fact that you were playing away from home but a 24 to 5 shot ratio is worrying.

I have found (from practical experience) the 4-3-1-2 is something that the 4-3-2-1 copes poorly with.

im using a 4-2-3-1 formation not a 4-3-2-1 formation and they used a deep 4-3-3... also look at the stats from my last game:

View attachment 292806
I do create chances but not enough shots on target although I control possesion.

Yep that's annoying. Sometimes you jsut have an off day and you just can't penetrate that defence. happens in real life all the time too.

Once again I think it has to do with your short passing that allows you to keep control but doesn't allow for much penetration against a well organised defence. probably gonna have to sacrifice some of that possession for a bit more speculative balls

first thing i saw was your defensive line, drop them deeper. I never push them up, always get caught out. I have them sit deep with two DM's in front

any time i make my passing more mixed i loose... i lost 3 times in my last 4 games and Im just 6 in the preimer league... what should I do? should i change the short passing in the team tactics? I was great at 08-12 but now its much more difficult...

Yep that's annoying. Sometimes you jsut have an off day and you just can't penetrate that defence. happens in real life all the time too.

Once again I think it has to do with your short passing that allows you to keep control but doesn't allow for much penetration against a well organised defence. probably gonna have to sacrifice some of that possession for a bit more speculative balls

but I wont have these full back join the attack and win me possesion..

but I wont have these full back join the attack and win me possesion.

^ If you play a high pressure, pressing game I wouldn't drop the line too deep. I play with a fairly high line (about two notches above "normal") and I rarely got caught out but obviously for that to work well you need at least one fast central defender. But I don't think conceding goals is your main worry, but rather making chances and scoring goals.

TBH if your'e just starting out I would probably download somebody's tactics, use them and take note of how the players are responding.

Then after taking note of how the players are playing, look at the individual instruction. Often times from doing this you get these "ahhh, so that's how it works". That was the way I learnt a lot about tactics... basically learning tactics from other people, taking bits I liked and remembering bits i didn't like.

When I first started out on FM11 I kinda just blindy did my tactics. But in FM12 I downloaded "Proxy's Parking Bus Destroyer" which really taught me a lot of tactics. His FB instructions to "hug touchline" instruction is one that I still use in all my tactics, in a devastating manner.

What do you mean the full backs won't join the attack?

^ If you play a high pressure, pressing game I wouldn't drop the line too deep. I play with a fairly high line (about two notches above "normal") and I rarely got caught out but obviously for that to work well you need at least one fast central defender. But I don't think conceding goals is your main worry, but rather making chances and scoring goals.

TBH if your'e just starting out I would probably download somebody's tactics, use them and take note of how the players are responding.

Then after taking note of how the players are playing, look at the individual instruction. Often times from doing this you get these "ahhh, so that's how it works". That was the way I learnt a lot about tactics... basically learning tactics from other people, taking bits I liked and remembering bits i didn't like.

When I first started out on FM11 I kinda just blindy did my tactics. But in FM12 I downloaded "Proxy's Parking Bus Destroyer" which really taught me a lot of tactics. His FB instructions to "hug touchline" instruction is one that I still use in all my tactics, in a devastating manner.

What do you mean the full backs won't join the attack?

wow im not starting im playing since 2008 and im one of the best manegers in football manager in israel... but still i have something that make me want everything to be complete and perfect... its not that im new or bad.. I just always try new things and don afraid to ask questions... my condition in the league is not bad im 3rd with 41 points after 19 games... look I know a lot about tactics and football manager I been playing for like 5 years now and I dont need to download anything.. I think I can always improve and thats why I asked that questions... my tactic now:

View attachment 293142

last games:

View attachment 293143

Last edited:
wow im not starting im playing since 2008 and im one of the best menegers in football meneger in israel... but still i have something that make me want everything to be complete and perfect... its not that im new or bad.. I just always try new things and don afraid to ask questions... my condition in the league is not bad im 3rd with 41 points after 19 games... look I know a lot about tactics and football manager I been playing for like 5 years now and I dont need to download anything.. I think I can always improve and thats why I asked that questions... my tactic now:

View attachment 293142

last games:

View attachment 293143