ranger83

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I recently bought a new laptop i5-460M Dual Core (2.53GHz, 3MB Cache, with Intel Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with plenty of memory.
I started playing FM 2011 on it and it was really quick until I starting playing matches then it started to become pretty slow. I started to use only commentary instead of watching the matches which I prefer anyway because I’ve played this game for years and years but it still seems kinda slow. I'm only running three leagues, England, Spain and Italy, I taught this laptop would be able to handle FM 11 reasonable well but am I wrong?
Could anyone tell me how I can speed up the game?
One of my mates was saying I should reinstall it but if I do this I’ll lose my saved games, he also said a games booster might help but I don’t know anything about them.
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using the latest patch for the game? If so then defragment your game files, it will make FM faster.

laptops are not a patch on a proper pc...just save the sports interactive folder in my documents somewhere and you wont lose your saves :) then reinstall maybe? how do other games run on it, is it an fm specific problem?

FM 11 struggles on my laptop aswell. The only cure I found for it, is to play the game in windowed mode. Helped me a lot.

Thanks for the quick responses

Re: Eddie Money - Football manager is the only game I play on it

Zaffarano – What do you mean by “the latest patch for the game”? Sorry I’m not the most tech savvy of people!

thefreeman - good idea I'll give that a try and see if it speeds up

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses

Re: Eddie Money - Football manager is the only game I play on it

Zaffarano – What do you mean by “the latest patch for the game”? Sorry I’m not the most tech savvy of people!

thefreeman - good idea I'll give that a try and see if it speeds up

Just go to transfer updates on the top of the site, go to official patches then download it.
After that put it in your Sports Interactive folder, run the patch then it should do it itself..

FM 11 struggles on my laptop aswell. The only cure I found for it, is to play the game in windowed mode. Helped me a lot.

Agreed, I use windowed mode and its alot faster, plus it allows me to go on facebook and other things at the same time with easier access.

Hey everyone,
I recently bought a new laptop i5-460M Dual Core (2.53GHz, 3MB Cache, with Intel Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with plenty of memory.
I started playing FM 2011 on it and it was really quick until I starting playing matches then it started to become pretty slow. I started to use only commentary instead of watching the matches which I prefer anyway because I’ve played this game for years and years but it still seems kinda slow. I'm only running three leagues, England, Spain and Italy, I taught this laptop would be able to handle FM 11 reasonable well but am I wrong?
Could anyone tell me how I can speed up the game?
One of my mates was saying I should reinstall it but if I do this I’ll lose my saved games, he also said a games booster might help but I don’t know anything about them.
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
i have no probs playing fm on laptop download gamebooster that will certainly help you and do regular disk cleans.
never had a prob using fm2011 and i have a pretty basic laptop

yo, how many databases did u start with.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Agreed, I use windowed mode and its alot faster, plus it allows me to go on facebook and other things at the same time with easier access.

how do u make it windowed.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

i have no probs playing fm on laptop download gamebooster that will certainly help you and do regular disk cleans.
never had a prob using fm2011 and i have a pretty basic laptop

gamebooster and advance system care are recommended tools to speed ur games up

Last edited:
Choose 1 league instead of 3, change to Windowed in Display Mode in Preferences, Display & Sound.
Untick : Play Sounds in Sound Settings and in 3D Settings untick everything except Player Names. Confirm.
Download and install GameBooster to switch off unnecessary services and programs.
And if you don't need internet while playing, switch off the net as well and close any anti-virus or net security.

Thanks everyone, some great suggestions.
Could anyone recommend a Games Booster?

I play fm11 on my MacBook and it works well. It's perhaps not really fast, but fast enough for me. However it often stops when I play with the DVD, so it is better that you use it with internet connection

NEED HELP MATES,windowed mode is greyed out and if i press ALT+ENTER nothing happens,any suggestions?