How can I stop my players to "go for glory"

aldorain

Banned
Reaction score
My Blackpool team is very fluid and attacking, they create so many chances, however fail to capitalize because the players try to smash it themselves, basicly the movement into the box is great however the finishing is mental. Nearly could of beaten Everton if it werent for my players trying to "go for glory"

Best hope is to look for players that Pass farther than shoot or have a chat with the player in question and ask him to to look for the pass instead of the shot.

There's 4 things I can think of:

1. They have 'shoot from distance' which means they don't get close enough.
2. 'Shoot with power' can often make them miss, especially with low composure/low finishing.
3. Teamwork rating is low, meaning they would rather shoot and score than pass to a team mate to pass in.
4. Low composure.

My Blackpool team is very fluid and attacking, they create so many chances, however fail to capitalize because the players try to smash it themselves, basicly the movement into the box is great however the finishing is mental. Nearly could of beaten Everton if it werent for my players trying to "go for glory"

Didn't know Ian Holloway used the site?

Actually one could argue Blackpools problem is that they concede a lot. Only 5 teams scored more goals than Blackpool, yet none conceded more :p

Sorry for the OT.

Try increase their through balls and decrease their 'run with ball'

I believe you are giving your players too much creative freedom. Blackpool should not be using a very fluid tactic, that's your first problem. When you give uncreative players a high degree of freedom, they generally just do what you're complaining about, taking bad shots all over the place.

I know very fluid philosophy and "more expressive" creativity, attacking strategy, more pressing and all that sound like good ways to create beautiful attacks but you better be playing as a top club with highly creative players. In other words, not Blackpool, sorry to say. You should switch to rigid or balanced and more disciplined.