How can you get rid of aging superstars while getting fair value in return for them?

Reaction score
So I am playing as Bayern Munich right now, and Ribery is an aging superstar. He is still good and valued at 28.5m, but i would rather get rid of him for a younger talent like hazard or bernard. My problem is that whenever I try to sell him, I can really only get normal value for him, while players like Muller get offers without being listed for 60-80m. Is there a way i can sell Ribery for above his market value as well? I am only in my 2nd season so far.

Well there's a variety of reasons for that. Chiefly, as you mentioned, his age. The AI is far more willing to overpay for a young player than an old one, just like you or I. Secondly, I'd imagine his wages are far higher than Mueller's. This reduces the amount of clubs that could afford him. And finally, there are a plethora of tertiary reasons, like him potentially not wanting to leave etc.

but still, some older stars like Rooney (who is 28 now) is valued much more than their market value. Rooney got transfer listed for some reason and yet would still cost 60m+. Same with Yaya Toure. but why can't i get fair value for ribery?

Never mind, offered him to clubs at 55m and PSG actually bought him, lol. Bought Bernard for 45m. Too bad Hazard's agent doesn't like me and his asking wages are 400k/week, I really like hazard :(

It depends on his performance as well, although age is a huge factor, if he isn't performing or isn't playing in your game save, then people people wouldn't buy him unless you're listing him for very cheap.