"How did this happen?" Thread

SaintSinner

Reaction score
I am currently at Arsenal, with a young squad. And last season despite all my efforts I finished 3rd, sadly 13 points behind the leader. It was not Manchester United nor Chelsea, the league was won by Everton. I kept wondering how did this happen?

So wanted to know if any of you had similar experience and said how did this happen? Share your how this happen moment.

Last edited:
Liverpool won the title down south in my first season aswell as the Champions League. That is less likely than Everton winning it haha.

ya it was very weird
the game is quite strange
when trying to change indivdual settings for one player, it changes them for another, very annoying
plus im getting two sets of advise from scout and backroom staff, and they completley conflict

i have that problem as well with player settings.and another thing is that my assistant manager is always telling me to sell my best young player. really stupid.

ya that can be annoying
i thought this game would be easy
spent £73m on players in first season
came 2nd in league,lost champions league final,knocked out of both cups

havent bought anyone yet
here are my first three games
Man United 3-0Bolton
Stoke City1-1Man United
Everton1-1Man United
Man United 1-2Tottenham

once sir alex ferguson got sacked. that was something new. in fm09 ferguson and mark hughes stayed at their respective clubs until they retired.

ya its true. that season man utd finished 8th or something and was replaced by junade ramos. solskjear turns out to be wonderful manager.
in my current game, bolton signed fernando hierro as first team coach. although his stats arent that good. it looks like ex-players are bound to get backroom jobs.