How do free flowing football teams tackle?

KidSparxx

Reaction score
I was wondering how teams such as Barcelona and the dutch total football teams tackle as it is the only part of info i could find on them without watching their games.

Thanks

Well, you would think they would do a lot of closing down and try to win the ball back high up the pitch quickly, so they can continue to attack. I'm not sure if this is the case however.

Im not being rude but i already knew they put high pressure on the opposition but im wondering how they actually challenged for the ball. As in FM high pressing is something i usually couple with aggressive tackling but free flowing teams aren't known for being dirty.

I think Barcelona and the dutch total football both play high pressing game but I think total football was more agressive

I don't think they would challenge hard as such. The default setting is probably suffice.

The Dutch sides of the 70s were pretty hard tackling, but football was a different game back then. Nowadays, the modern equivalent that is Barcelona, don't necessarily tackle hard, but reduce the possible actions that an opposing player can make by closing him down early, effectively cutting off possible outlets. I would tackling as default, pressing as high, and individually put pressing on highest possible setting for the 3 mids and 3 forwards. I've done that for my Barca tactic and it has worked wonders.