DJLDomino

Reaction score
Ok, so I am Birmingham City - we won the treble last season (prem, league cup and champs league) and my squad is very strong.

I play a 442, quick, direct using the flanks and getting balls into my key striker Fletcher Kemble who is strong, quick and has great technical ability, I play a deep lying striker just behind and my centre mids are an AP and a BWM.

I do very well obviously but there are two types of team I struggle against:

Firstly, Bolton playing 451 - a straight line of 5 across the midfield. They always frustrate me and score on the break with one shot and I end up losing 1-0. Always. How do I break down teams that play this way??

Secondly, Man City play 451 - a holding mid, 2 just above, 2 out wide and 1 up top. I have manage to stifle them playing the Bolton way but it doesn't create chances. If I try to play 442 they annihilate me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would post screenshots but can't figure out how to do it.

You could try playing with a Counter mentality. It sounds foolish as you're the stronger team on paper, but by doing so you might encourage the other team to attack more and therefore make them easier to break down as they will push more men forward and won't have as many behind the ball. Madrid have done that in the past IRL