How do i expand a league , so it has more teams in it?

AM95

Reaction score
As the title says , im trying to make the A-League a 12 or 14 team Comp on the editor but cant see how to do it.

I think you will have to recreate the entire A-League system to do this, I don't think you can modify the structure of any 'real' league. It will be a lot of work though, you will need to consider recreate the leagues from scratch.

you dont need to recreate league. write what you want to change(be specific because i dont know anything about A-league) and i will do this for you

And if you want to learn to do it yourself, you can see what to do following these steps (it's how I solved the Segunda B3 having 21 teams and allowed 20):

1.- Open the editor and load the database as per needed first step.

2.- Add new nation rules

3. - Add new leagues to existing nation, choose the nation.

4.- In competitions look for the league you want to change and write down its unique ID (let's call it UID)

4.- Without touching anything, save it as an xml (uncompressed).

5.- Open the .xml file with notepad.

6.- Let's say the league is currently 10 teams max. Search "10" (quotes included) and then next until you find a line that looks like maximum_teams="10". Some lines above, not too far there will be a line specifying the league it belongs to with the ID number, so check it's UID. If it's UID, you change 10 to the value you want, if not, look for another.

7.- Don't stop in the first instance, there may be more. Repeat 6 until no more are found.

8.- Save and you've got the change done.

And if you want to learn to do it yourself, you can see what to do following these steps (it's how I solved the Segunda B3 having 21 teams and allowed 20):

1.- Open the editor and load the database as per needed first step.

2.- Add new nation rules

3. - Add new leagues to existing nation, choose the nation.

4.- In competitions look for the league you want to change and write down its unique ID (let's call it UID)

4.- Without touching anything, save it as an xml (uncompressed).

5.- Open the .xml file with notepad.

6.- Let's say the league is currently 10 teams max. Search "10" (quotes included) and then next until you find a line that looks like maximum_teams="10". Some lines above, not too far there will be a line specifying the league it belongs to with the ID number, so check it's UID. If it's UID, you change 10 to the value you want, if not, look for another.

7.- Don't stop in the first instance, there may be more. Repeat 6 until no more are found.

8.- Save and you've got the change done.

Steps 1,2, and 3 are unnecessary. steps 5-8 is to hard for someone who doesnt know what is what in xml file. you need step 9...

Ok, then how do you change a value that is greyed out and won't accept input? Because I bet the league has a maximum set to the number of teams it has, like Segunda B had to 20. So just add team, will get it above the limit and unplayable.

And yes, forgot the step 9, which actually would be step 4: go to the league, add teams: those you want there.

i dont want to be rude but if you dont know how-this doesnt mean that no one knows how

i dont want to be rude but if you dont know how-this doesnt mean that no one knows how

I know that, maybe that's why I'm asking how. Though the line doesn't look much like an actual question. Whoops. Sorry about that, the wording used surely made it come as an aggresive tone, didn't it?. Not intended like that.

Last edited:
I know that, maybe that's why I'm asking how. Though the line doesn't look much like an actual question. Whoops. Sorry about that, the wording used surely made it come as an aggresive tone, didn't it?. Not intended like that.

no problem. english isnt my first language and i dont understand everything 100%

no problem. english isnt my first language and i dont understand everything 100%

English isn't my first language, either.

The fault is mine, I do have this weird problem that, when I write too fast in English without quite giving much thought to how I'm expressing myself, I tend to get into using wording that sounds aggresive, without need to have any aggresiveness in my mood. Sometimes I get a warning in time by my subconsciousness, but others like above, I don't realze in time.