Reaction score
Hi, I am pretty new to FM but I have most of the basics down. Anyways, Torres obviously has a high wage and I would like to get rid of him. But when I offer him at low prices, teams only want to loan, not buy! I could usually get maybe 700k/month by loaning him but i'd rather dump him and his contract altogether. He plays pretty well for my team, just not worth his wage. How can I get rid of Torres?

Also, who would you recommend as a Lampard replacement? Preferably a young wonderkid who i can train to be just as good as Lampard, but anyone under 24 is pretty good.

Seriously, add him to the unwanted list to sell at any price.

Dont get rid of him, I played 3 seasons with Chelsea in one of my saves and Torres scored 40+ goals per season, best season being the 2nd one with 42 games and 41 goals :D

Dont know about Lampard replacement, but Kevin Strootman might do a trick for future DLP role.

Hi, I am pretty new to FM but I have most of the basics down. Anyways, Torres obviously has a high wage and I would like to get rid of him. But when I offer him at low prices, teams only want to loan, not buy! I could usually get maybe 700k/month by loaning him but i'd rather dump him and his contract altogether. He plays pretty well for my team, just not worth his wage. How can I get rid of Torres?

Also, who would you recommend as a Lampard replacement? Preferably a young wonderkid who i can train to be just as good as Lampard, but anyone under 24 is pretty good.

1) Torres is a machine still! he was Chelsea's top scorer until 34 mate! I would look at Leo (Rayo) as a replacement as he is killing at Chelsea in my save

2) Will Hughes would be the most likely candidate, not as good on defense as Lamps, however, if you are playing with a Mikel type player either next to or behind, not much to worry about

I would honestly look at Hamsik/Marchisio/Vidal/Garmash/Moutinho/Kwadwo Asamoah

I agree with everyone about Torres being good in the game but I think his wages can be used to bring in a better player. I mean I could get Neymar for 150k/week and Torres is 200k. Also I plan on using lukkaku when he is back from loan. and thanks for the suggestions i'll check them out

I know that I have 3 good strikers with lukkaku, Torres and ba,what do you guys suggest I do with them? Torres is on loan right now for basically 80% of wages and doing well, but I want to develop Lukkaku into something special. Maybe sell ba?

oh and also I am playing a 4-1-1-3-1 formation which gets me so many goals from my wingers Hazard and Moses/Oscar as well as Mata. Hazard has 14 goals/25 assists so far! (in march with champ league still to go). mata has 19/19. so i am really confused about my striker situation. Would be great to make some money off of them if possible!

Either do what JP Woody says and add him to the unwanted list or offer him to clubs but set his transfer status to unavailable for loan first. That way you will not get the loan offers.

Dutch media is now reporting that Chelsea are looking at Eriksen (ajax) as replacement for Lampard. Perhaps he is something for you :)

I know that I have 3 good strikers with lukkaku, Torres and ba,what do you guys suggest I do with them? Torres is on loan right now for basically 80% of wages and doing well, but I want to develop Lukkaku into something special. Maybe sell ba?

No need to sell Ba. Just use Ba to back Lukaku up. Players gain the most by playing, so if you want to get the best out of him, play him often and also tutor him.

You would also sell Torres in my position, then? because no need to be paying 1 position that much money.

I managed to sell him in the second season for £8.75m, although I did have to pay him 75k a week for the next few years haha, like you said, he was decent but the money is better used elsewhere