How do I get strikers to score in 1-on-1 situations?

Reaction score
Pretty much the title. I have struggled with this issue since FM12. No matter the player; I have never had a striker who can score consistently in 1-on-1 chances with only the keeper.

Any tips for this particular issue? It really tears me in half seeing a perfect assist get ruined over and over.

Pretty much the title. I have struggled with this issue since FM12. No matter the player; I have never had a striker who can score consistently in 1-on-1 chances with only the keeper.

Any tips for this particular issue? It really tears me in half seeing a perfect assist get ruined over and over.
Teach them the move "go round keeper" or "lob the ball above keeper" if he is a technical striker... http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/preferred-moves#likes-to-round-keeper

Last edited:
I have the same problem as Frederik. Every time my strikers end up in a 1 on 1 situation, they just try to kick the teeth out of the GK's mouth. It's like they do it on purpose to **** me off :D .
I will try your suggestion Ursulla, and hope it works!

I have the same problem as Frederik. Every time my strikers end up in a 1 on 1 situation, they just try to kick the teeth out of the GK's mouth. It's like they do it on purpose to **** me off :D .

I spat out my dinner laughing when I read this part lool.

You don't. You just accept the fact it just WILL NOT HAPPEND and move on. (seriously).

It's got to do with their COMPOSURE which is the only mental attribute you can train players (Except from leadership) so go for it...train them on that aspect...

Last edited: