xCeeTee

Reaction score
So, I'm in my 2nd pre-season, and I'm in the middle of signing players.

We've had a few changes this summer, as Ive signed: Victor Valdes, Nemanja Vidic, and Paul Benefield.

So, here is my squad going into the 2nd season:

View attachment 397641View attachment 397640

And here are my three tactics I use with all the roles needed:

View attachment 397639View attachment 397638View attachment 397637

If anybody has some good ideas, we came 12th in the EPL, even after sitting in 1st until mid-October. We're not attracting the best of players, but I do already have 2 'world class potential' (5 star) regens that play left wing and striker.

why aint you starting Lallana and Prowse? I bought them with my Utd save 3 seasons in absolute beasts!

I'd try and sell Osvaldo. Getting old, on big wages and because he's a bit of a twonk is hard to get the best out of. You'll be able to find a good young replacement.

I would personally get a better backup DM, cork from my experience is fairly poor but obviously wanyama is a beast for first team. Rest of the midfield is fairly good apart from davis and cork really. Ward-prowse should be getting as much game time as ya can he becomes so good.

In terms of another CB which i think you need over yoshida, Hector Moreno hes quite insane and if your lucky you should be able to attract him, hes a great BPD. I agree with Bujakaa above I dont rate Osvaldo id sell him if you can, since you have rodriguez and lambert who are fairly decent already not sure you need another striker, id recommend just bringing through a youngster for backup instead. Also looks like you need a backup left back to rest Shaw now and then, id go for a solid slightly older player that you can set as Rotation so he wont get upset if hes not starting alot of games cant think of some off top of my head atm but just scout around sure be able to find someone.

I'll look to sell Osvaldo now, I only have an ?8.5m budget. Not sure how, seeing as I had 12.5m left from January?! Anyway, this wasn't my starting lineup, I didn't realise until after. I have Boyata who is good on the bench, and Cork does a good job filling in for Wanyama every now and again, but I will look for another one. Lambert and Rodriguez didn't score many goals between them last season, but Lallana scored 20+! I might look to Drogba, because his finishing is just quality! He was a real life prem killer so I'll see if he can do anything for Southampton
grin.gif

Fernando from fcporto
and if u have enough money subotic would be great

First thing you want to do is see who is put out on loan. Try to grab any 3.5 star potential and up loanees on the cheap. Especially if you only have to pay salary - this is a great way to fill holes on your team. Next you want to hire some cheap young guys with upside - Will Hughes should still be cheap to acquire but can play either MC or AMC so that is helpful! Also, scout Brazil really hard! You can often find 4 star and up youngsters to fill in your bench that will become future stars for under 2m apiece. Grab a couple of 'lottery ticket' youngsters! Other cheap but high upside youngsters to look out for - Allione AMR/MR, Neal Maupay ST, Pugliese DM, Rugani DC. Also check out this wonderkid list, and then do your scouting! Scoop up 3.5 star and up potential guys, in a couple seasons they will probably turn into starting 11 players for you! Best FM 2014 Wonderkids • Best FM 2014 Players

I signed Steven Caulker for 4 years, and Di Natale for the season, both cost me ?2m so pretty cheap if you ask me. Both of their contracts are under 40k too. So, in all I signed Vidic, Valdes, Di Natale and Caulker all for just ?3m!