Coup1980

Reaction score
Hey all I'm currently barnet in league 1 what is the best training method to keep or help me players stay fit? I'm having real trouble.

If by Fit you mean " having a high condition for the next game", then its all about not training too much( perhaps rest players after a game), rotating the squad and use a tactical approach that the team can handle( not too much closing down, running with ball, runs from deep). Look at the kilometres they cover for a game and try to see a pattern between it and the condition the players are in at let's say the 75th minute. The biggest problem here is in most cases " running with ball" set to often for a player that sees a lot of the ball.

Last edited:
Pre season also plays a big part. ****** it up, and it's hard to recover.

I'm playing with Barnet too and in training I put it on average and the slider in the middle and my teams condition is fine.

train fitness preseason, not during season, and use zonal marking in your tactic

Agree with TBH. And more over you can (if you have enough players that is) try to rotate your squad alot. That's what i usually do when i have those problems.