Micky Pain

Reaction score
Hold your "use the search tool" rants please.

I'm not asking how to unlock it, I got all that working and it's using the real players alright.

The problem I have is it's impossible to get the manager job in a running game (without adding a new manager or selecting it at the start).

Even after 5x Bundesliga titles, 3x Champions league, 3x Club World Cup, 1x Europa League, 6x German Cup and the FREAKING WORLD CUP WITH FRANCE I still get "laughed off" when I apply there.

Is there any other file to delete, or some editor trick (short of rebuilding Germany entirely) that can be used to have a chance to get the job in a running game?

Thanks guys...

hahhaahaha, don't stress mate :) us mods can read :p

Joachim stays there forever! I have seen several people asking why they cannot get the job etc.. he never leaves or gets fired! also not sure why you are still getting laughed off as well, that is a bit strange.. once again, I have seen it before! what nationality are you (your coach) maybe they will only hire Germans? I don't know... just a thought?

the only thing I can suggest is FMRTE which I have no clue how to use and it can mess up your game supposedly.. I would ask someone who is good at using it for advice if you would like to go that route...

I applied because Loew got fired (after I annihilated them in the group and they finished third in the group in the last worldcup).
What's even worse, after they laughed me off they hired a 31 year old regen with NO experience whatsoever - not as a player let alone as a coach anywhere - apparently right off the street.

And after I resigned from France with intention to manage Germany I got offers from England, Brazil and Argentina so it can't be my reputation (which is second to Sir Alex only).

There has to be some trick to allow the game to hire me somewhere....

Edit: And yes, I am playing as a German Manager (second nationality US so I get English and Spanish as languages, but primarily German....)

yeah mate, that is very strange! no clue as to why they hired some regen over you!

I cannot assist any further :)

As far as I've seen, that applies to all countries. In my previous game I started with Sweden NT and went on to win the world cup. Then tried switching teams for a challenge, but couldn't find anyone who wouldn't laugh at my job applications. Even the minnows sitting at the bottom of the world rankings ignored me. Doesn't seem to matter how many cups and leagues you've won or how high you're in the worldwide rankings. *shrug*

It should be possible with FMRTE, if you really want to pay for a cheating tool. I know it could be done back in FM11 and it's doubtful that they've removed features from the newer versions.

maybe this is something to send to SI and get an answer from them.. I have to been laughed off the England job with International experience and managing United for 3 seasons winning several trophies with them..

Then as you say, Brazil and Spain even offered me a job! And I was English nationality...

Yeah. That seems like the only way to manage an another NT: by waiting for a job offer. Seems a bit odd...

I think the deal with Germany is that SI noticed people unlocked them so to avoid any issues they made it so you can't get the job

I'm not sure if its a weird bug or something but something happened to me as in international management. I was managing newcastle and had done for 2 years. Haven't won anything apart from the FA Cup I applied for the England job. They laughed me off. Next season I signed for FC Bayern and because they were struggling I only finished 7th. I then applied for the England Job again as it was vacant for some reason I can't remember and guess what... they hired me. Im not sure if it club reputation but I'm sure it's not as Raikan said he won a lot with United but all I had won is a FA Cup. I signed for munich and finished 7th. No big achievements since my last application. I have a theory maybe that it's 'harder' to get the job for a nation that you manage the club in. Weird or coincidence?

Well, so far I only ever got "laughed off" from Germany and Holland.
Other teams might decline, but at least they're nice about it.

As far as submitting it as a bug goes - since you're officially not even supposed to have the real team of Germany in the game I doubt SI would care this strange occurance, and it wouldn't even surprise me if there was some hard-coded barrier somewhere that would prevent human managers to take over.
I was just counting on some editor guru to point me towards a fix for this...

Although, I admit it's kind of funny when you get an email like:

"...
Germany laughs of interest from Pain.

Micky Pain is one the worlds most famous Managers having won countless trophies throughout his career..."

I have encountered this and reported it as a bug to SI with a save to give them an example. They said they'd work on it, I thought it had been fixed since I've not run into the problem but it's a shame the rest of you have.