ThatFMNerd

Reaction score
Every save I seem to do after about half a season or a whole season i loose motivation or get bored, furthest i've ever gotten is 3 seasons.. anyone got any help

Dont save-load in any form (well, except for a game which injured(2 months +) atleast 3 of your best players)...

Dont even save-load of buying players/negotiating contract. I do this in my wigan save, though i lasted 7 season that i enjoyed. Im playing again as nottingham forest without doing this, and its more fun. It kinda sucks though when you are trying to get a player for a couple of months, finally accept your contract terms, then the player signs to another team..

Set your self targets or goals, build an all English team or only sign players under 21. Also not sure if you do but use your own tactic as you will get a lot more satisfaction when you do well.

Ok thanks, well im about to manager psv and i will see how i can do

I normally (I have a save going that has lasted four seasons at the moment) have the same problem as I love the start of the season, clearing people out, bringing people in and sorting out the training & tactics etc etc.

I also find that if I don't play as Liverpool I get bored easier than normal too.

So to answer your question I would say manage your favourite team and try and get into the save as much as you can.

Like someone else said, setting goal is what it's all about, but not just long term goals, sort ones too. I'm currently managing Forest so obviously my ultra-long term goal is for them to be the richest, most successful etc. But shorter term I set myself goals like:

- Promotion within 3 years of start (achieved in 1 year)
- Europe within 5 years of being in the Premier League (achieved in 3 years)
- Cup run to at least a semi-final within 5 years of start (achieved in 3 years - FA Cup)
- I have just started my first season in Europe so my goals are to get out of the group stages in Europe and secure a European place for next year through the league or a cup. I won my Euro group, am in the semi-final of the League Cup and sitting in third in the league.

So I believe the shorter term goals I set myself may be too easy, but I have enjoyed achieving them quicker than anticipated. So at this point I'm wondering about setting myself tougher targets.

This is the kind of thing you need to do. Obviously eventually for everyone the ultimate goal is global success, but you don't achieve that straight away. Set yourself step-by-step targets and see how you do. Maybe even draw up a 5-year plan before you start the save, and that should keep you occupied for a few weeks at least.

Turn over signings and contracts to your Director of Football and Head of Youth Development. Then play with whatever players they supply you. What they do may upset you, but it certainly will not be boring.

i have the same problem,getting bored after the 3rd season feels normal though,with or without the "load/save" feature -_-

I always try and make as much profit as possible :) On my long term Newcastle save ive made 1.3b worth of player sales with only 500m spent

I haven't played my one and only (loved) save for 3 months thorougly. i'm man utd, at 2016, the save is almost just the way i want, there's even a hot competition in the league (sort of, we're at start) but ignoring the fact that i haven't played it for a long time, for the last 4 or 5 days i keep trying to continue it but each time i get bored after one or two matches.

i think my problem is with match engine, but this wasn't such an issue before. i even changed my tactic, now our play is looking better on the match engine, but in the end i still get bored. any idea?