How do I play Pablo Osvaldo (Southampton)???

Reaction score
He's the most useless FM player I've ever had. I've played him as a single AND dual striker AF, DLF, Poacher, fed by a 2 wingers and a CAM, then put him on each wing. I can never get good matches out of him; not a single one of his games is over a 7. I can't get him to get an assist, to score a goal, to do anything besides run around and look stupid. Can someone help?

Yes, he's pretty useless. I've never been able to get him to perform.

how many shoots per game is he taking? and from what positions?
how are your other 10 players arranged?

Normally Lone Striker as Complete Forward

or Duo Striker as Poacher with Ricky Lambert (Target Man)

Using him as a DLF with two shadow strikers behind him(Lambert/Ramirez/Lallana). He has notched up 10 goals in as many games. Decent return, I would say.

I've gone with a 4-2-3-1 with Lambert up front as a Target Man (Attack) and Osvaldo on the wing as an Inside Forward (Attack). I usually start him at AMR but have him and Ramirez swapping throughout the game. Initially he wasn't doing much, but by the end of the season he'd got double figures in league goals and assists (can't remember exact figures), and several more goals in the cup. He was occasionally filling in as the Target Man also, as he's pretty competent in most attacking roles.
So perhaps I've not got him quite at his best, but he's certainly a valuable asset playing out wide I've found.

He scored 12 goals for Italy in the World Cup in my game, seems to do it pretty regularly for them too. Maybe have a look at how the Italians play him