prempz

Reaction score
ive just bought otamendi and thiago silva but ive notice they both play the same role (covering) so what role do set them on to play ???

Take a look at who has the best Aggression and Bravery, they'll be the best stopper.

Take a look at who has the best Aggression and Bravery, they'll be the best stopper.

otamendi has got 16 bravery and 14 aggression and thiago has got 12 aggression and 14 bravery

Otamendi as your stopper and silva as your covering then. The key attributes for a Stopper are Bravery and Aggression, and for a Covering are Acceleration and Anticipation. Even though Otamendi's Acceleration and Anticipation are clearly high for your reports to tell you he is best as a Covering, his Bravery and Aggression are more than good enough to play as a Stopper :)

Otamendi as your stopper and silva as your covering then. The key attributes for a Stopper are Bravery and Aggression, and for a Covering are Acceleration and Anticipation. Even though Otamendi's Acceleration and Anticipation are clearly high for your reports to tell you he is best as a Covering, his Bravery and Aggression are more than good enough to play as a Stopper :)

thanks for the help they been playing really good so far first match of the season and they didn't let anythink in lol and cavani got average rating of 10:00 on his debut so i guess i did good transfers for my second season :)

Aha, nice! What role are you using Cavani in? I've never really been able to get alot out of him whenever i buy him.

Aha, nice! What role are you using Cavani in? I've never really been able to get alot out of him whenever i buy him.

playing him as poacher atm thats what got me 10:00 lol but if im playing alongside with someone then i would use complete forward , i feel using target man limits his ability even tho thats his natural tactic on my scout reports but i would recommened poacher or complete forward attack

Last edited:
Well you're doing a better job then Kenny Dalglish anyway :p How come you're not playing Thiago Silva as a ball playing defender? Isn't that his best role? And how effective is your trequartista? I tend to avoid using as they offer nothing defensively, and i use a Barca style pressing system in which everyone closes down, including all my attackers, so having one person doing nothing leaves a big whole in the system lol.

Well you're doing a better job then Kenny Dalglish anyway :p How come you're not playing Thiago Silva as a ball playing defender? Isn't that his best role? And how effective is your trequartista? I tend to avoid using as they offer nothing defensively, and i use a Barca style pressing system in which everyone closes down, including all my attackers, so having one person doing nothing leaves a big whole in the system lol.

opps lool i thought i had him set on ball playing .. no wonder why he wasn't performing well lol ,and yea well i think anyone is better than daglish atm the way hes been treating liverpool so far is a joke lol

barca style ???? how are you playing ??? could you show a print screen of your formation please ???

also im using a downloaded tactic JPWOODYs wenger tactic but im trying so hard to find a barca tactic or a simler tactic that playes barca style so if you can show me it would be helpfull :)

I've not got FM loaded up just now so i cant take printscreens just now, but i'll give you a basic run down of my formation. Im playing pretty much the same formation as you, except with wingbacks instead of full backs, so it becomes a 433, fluid and attacking, short passing, expressive, more pressing, normal tackling, drill crosses, and more roaming.
My first team is: (I'm Man Utd btw)
Gk: De Gea (Sweeper Keeper, defend)
Cb: Vidic (Ball playing defender, stopper)
Cb: Ferdinand (Ball playing defender, covering)
Rwb: Lahm (Wing back, support)
Lwb: Evra (Wing back, support)
Cm: Fletcher (Ball winning mid, support)
Cm: Carrick (Deep lying playmaker, support)
Amr: Hulk (Inside forward, attack)
Amc: Rooney (Attacking mid, support)
Aml: Nani (Inside forward, Attack)
St: Hernandez (Poacher, Attack)

Its not exactly like Barca, it has similar pressing and passing to Barca, but i play slightly faster, and whereas they play with 1 defensive mid and 2 centre mids, i play with 2 centre mids and an attacking mid.