Solskaer

Sols-skar or Solsk-jar

Neither.

It's Solskjær btw :P

Don't know the exact pronunciation. 'Soldier' maybe? :$

Neither.

Pretty much how its written. Solskyaer.

Nope.

it's Soohl (draw out the o)-sh (as in shhhhh)-ær. There's no English subsitute for ær. Closest may be the a in "fair/fare," but it's still different.

And Carew is Kha-rev, Gamst-Pedersen's Ghâmst-Peh-dehr-sehn.

Ah you Brits. The J in Russian and Slavic names is usually pronounced as an I or Y not as J in Jay-Z. This is why most Russian names are spelled using a Y in English instead of a J. It is actually Juri Zhirkov but most English-speaking people would pronounce it Jury as in Judge&Jury not Yuri. And try Goyko Kakcar.

Romelu Lukaku

Is it Rome-loo loo-ka-koo
or
is it rom-el-oo luck-ak-oo

Edin Dzeko - pronounced Jay-ko IMO
Zhirkov - Zeer-kov
Jakub Błaszczykowski - Yakub Blaz-chi-kov-ski

Last edited:
I dunno but I always thought it wass Bo-yan but it might well me Bo-jan. From what i've heard the spanish commentators say Bo-yan.

Any other people want to comment on this

How do people say Primark?

I say it pri-mark but everyone else I know says pree-mark, its like you didnt go to pree-mary school did you

How do people say Primark?

I say it pri-mark but everyone else I know says pree-mark, its like you didnt go to pree-mary school did you

i say Pri- Mark but my sisdter normally hits me and says it is Pree-Mark

I just thought cause in spanish, -ll is like j (Soft), so i thought j was like a hard J

Hello, this is the thread where you say all the names you don't know how to pronounce. For me it would be Edin Dzeko-is it Zay-ko or Zee-ko. I don't know.

If anyone else has anything like this someone may correct you.

Unless you speak Serbian it'll be hard to pronounce Dzeko properly. Basically... D-zhe-ko.

Gojko Kacar?

Goy-ko Ka-ch-ar

How about Ogjnen Vukojevic

Og-n-ye-n Vu-ko-ye-vich

Niko Kranjcar.

Nee-ko / Ni-ko
Kran-char / Kran-kyah?

I've always followed most commentators and pronounced his name Nee-ko Kran-char, but my mate uses the second example. Thoughts?

When, in fact it should be like vee-ah :P

No, double "ll"'s in Spanish are pronounced with a "y".

So it's Da-veed Vee-yah.

Edit: In some Spanish languages, it's actually, "Da-beed Bee-yah.

Last edited:
Niko Kranjcar.

Nee-ko / Ni-ko
Kran-char / Kran-kyah?

I've always followed most commentators and pronounced his name Nee-ko Kran-char, but my mate uses the second example. Thoughts?

Ni-ko Kran-ye-char

The "ye" is pretty subtle so don't put much emphasis on it, you can probably get away without even pronouncing it.

Back