How do I put my own face in the game?

yidomatt

Reaction score
I have started a game already and have played it into a few months of the season. I was wondering if it was possible to upload a picture of myself to come up on my profile. Or is that something you have to do at the start or not at all?
Thanks.

I think he means in game lee.

Im not sure how to add a pciture after youve created your manager profile tbh

one question do you basic knowledge of programming??

if not then just do it in manger profile.

If so create a facepack and write code for the unique identifier.

I have started a game already and have played it into a few months of the season. I was wondering if it was possible to upload a picture of myself to come up on my profile. Or is that something you have to do at the start or not at all?
Thanks.

Step 1
On the FM 2009 Preferences make sure Show Unique ID's is ticked

View attachment 2742

Step 2
Go to your manager home page and it should have your unique ID at the top.

View attachment 2741

Step 3
Create a folder called me in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\

Step 4
Download the attached config.xml file and save it to that folder. Open it in a text editor and change the 2 values shown to your unique id.

View attachment 2740

Step 5

Create an image of yourself (the game will resize it for you). When finished save the image in the same folder and call the image your unique id (eg: 1394642823.png). The image I used is..

View attachment 2738

Step 6
Open FM. On Preferences > Display & Sound and untick 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm'. Once done press Confirm and it should now work.

View attachment 2739

Nice one Sean, much appreciated. I will try it when i get home and hope it works :)

Sean even though you are a Utd fan you are a God. I will try that when I get home. :)

i tried this with my game putting my picture on my created player in the game but it doesnt seem to load any ideas?

Are you sure you have followed those instructions above exactly? If you have it should work.

have sorted it now for some reason it would work with the flex skin but if i changed to flex right it worked fine very strange

It shouldn't do as it's basically the same method. Try reloading the skin again.