How do I sign a "Devoted" player PLEASE HELP

Arazar

Reaction score
OK so this guy plays in the 4th tier in Scotland, David Anderson is his name. He's a good central midfielder but has standout stats of 15 passing and 17 decisions, perfect for the Xavi role.

I play as Crusaders in the Northern Irish 1st division and have made the Europa League group stages with excess wage budget of ?8k-a-week.

Anderson's personality is "Devoted" which I'm guessing means 20 loyalty and has 16 determination with a media handing style of "Level-headed". His club are amateur and I can approach to sign but he just "isn't interested in entering negotiations".

I'm desperate to sign him, what can I do to lure him over??? PLEASE HELP!!

I don't know the "cure" to that, but its a freaking stupidity. I have the same issue and im Bayern Munich.... 3 times World Champions and there are players from Braga (mighty middle team from Portugal) that are not interested in coming to me!!

Whats his age? I have foubnd that this happens more with young guys than older ones.

Well if he has 20 loyalty then he won't want to leave

Well if he has 20 loyalty then he won't want to leave

We can agree on this if you play at a middle/big club, but who does not want to go to a bigger/better club? Steven Gerard loves Liverpool, but if Barca offered him the double of the salary, he would just stay in Liverpool? Don't think so... football players have a small career, compared to other professions, so players need to earn the most they can for a short time of their life to ensure the rest of the life they still have.

We can agree on this if you play at a middle/big club, but who does not want to go to a bigger/better club? Steven Gerard loves Liverpool, but if Barca offered him the double of the salary, he would just stay in Liverpool? Don't think so... football players have a small career, compared to other professions, so players need to earn the most they can for a short time of their life to ensure the rest of the life they still have.

But 20 loyalty is the most loyal a player could possibly get. If it is 18 or even 19 i could understand but there wouldn't be much point to this attribute if they left.

But 20 loyalty is the most loyal a player could possibly get. If it is 18 or even 19 i could understand but there wouldn't be much point to this attribute if they left.

i agree, but would you be loyal if i play you 100k per week, if you earn 30k? Money is not everything, but its more than 3 times and this is one of the reason, City and Chelsea have so many good youngsters from other countries. The ilusion to get to the 1st team quicker and with a bigger pay!!

i agree, but would you be loyal if i play you 100k per week, if you earn 30k? Money is not everything, but its more than 3 times and this is one of the reason, City and Chelsea have so many good youngsters from other countries. The ilusion to get to the 1st team quicker and with a bigger pay!!

haha yes I would accept the money but i dont have 20 loyalty ;) also the OP isn't managing a barca or real madrid but some team from ireland.

i point you in the direction of millwall captain Paul Robinson as well as Alan Dunne also at Millwall. Paul has turned down interest from several larger London clubs such as crystal palace, Wet Spam and Arsenal but has remain a 1 club man his entire career and is well respected in the footballing world for not prolonging contract talks, he nearly always signs immediately. his reward for this is the captaincy at the club he clearly loves and (almost certainly) following Neil Harris into the clubs coaching staff

Last edited:
i point you in the direction of millwall captain Paul Robinson as well as Alan Dunne also at Millwall. Paul has turned down interest from several larger London clubs such as crystal palace, Wet Spam and Arsenal but has remain a 1 club man his entire career and is well respected in the footballing world for not prolonging contract talks, he nearly always signs immediately. his reward for this is the captaincy at the club he clearly loves and (almost certainly) following Neil Harris into the clubs coaching staff

ok, 1 guy in the entire football world cannot be the rule.

Btw Wet Spam? On purpose? :D

yes on purpose lol, and i recommend you learn to read, there are more than 1 players noted in my post, look again XD

yeah and no look at giggs, gerrard whos spent the entinre career at the beloved clubs, giggs wouldve/will never leave man u, niether would gerrard regardless of the money that would be thrown at them

yeah and no look at giggs, gerrard whos spent the entinre career at the beloved clubs, giggs wouldve/will never leave man u, niether would gerrard regardless of the money that would be thrown at them

they receive tons of money every week. I could live an entire year with a week pay from Giggs....

they receive tons of money every week. I could live an entire year with a week pay from Giggs....

yeah i know but i wasnt talking about how much they get paid, steven and ryan love their clubs there at, ryans been at man u for like 20 years and defo gunna etire there and same with garrard but obviously not as long yet...

Did you forget that Gerrard almost left Liverpool for Chelsea, and changed his mind because of the Champions League win?

Matt Le Tissier... and not only for the club but for his family. it's rare but it happens.

To the OP, list him and watch his progress and maybe try some media manpulation, but I'd start to look elsewhere.

Did you forget that Gerrard almost left Liverpool for Chelsea, and changed his mind because of the Champions League win?

And he would have been offered FAR more to move to Chelsea. He must score high for loyalty on FM

Matt Le Tissier... and not only for the club but for his family. it's rare but it happens.

To the OP, list him and watch his progress and maybe try some media manpulation, but I'd start to look elsewhere.

I feel like I've tried everything, declared and interest countless times, offered trials (he's on an amateur deal!) and approached to sign loads. I've even offered up to 50k when the trial has been rejected, only for him to not negotiate (surely he would then accept the move because of his love for Queens Park, given what ?50k is worth to a scottish div 4 team). Anyway, I fear he will retire before he moves to us since he's 30 now, my only chance is if he gets released, doesn't retire and we can nab him on a free!

I'm not sure if this will work, but have you tried to loan him with an option to buy? A lot of young players are more open to loan moves than outright transfers.

hire a prostitute to get him drunk and seduce him on a night out. record any ensuing carnal acts then blackmail him with the footage (assuming he has a wife or gf). Failing that could try a good old fashion ulster invasion, kidnap him while he sleeps.

OK guys, I give up. Pretty sure he will retire before I sign him, and even if he plays another 10 years in the Scottish 4th tier and we've won the CL by then, I just don't think you can sign a Devoted player for love nor money.